Book improvements

Re: Book improvements

by Leslie Paas -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Willian, 

Congrats on the changes you have suggested. The moodle book is so useful, and these changes will be a great improvement. I completely agree with all of your suggestions, as well as the other suggestions that have emerged in this discussion thread. 

I have a 3 additional suggestions: 

1. In book settings, add an option to "turn off" the book title and chapter title. For us, it takes up too much space at the top and is too repetitive.
  2. In Navigation style, present an option to not show navigation link at the top of the page (i.e. right now the nav link always shows at the top AND the bottom.) This top nav link isn't necessary because the table of contents appears immediately beside it. Having the option to removing the top nav link would also save space at the top of the page.
  3. If possible, include the progress tracking boxes beside each subchapter title so that the student can see which subchapters he/she has viewed (this would be great for people who like to read things non-sequentially).

What is the status of implementation of the changes (when will we have access to the new version of Moodle Book)?

Many thanks,

Leslie

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Leslie Paas

by Willian Mano -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
The items 2 and 3 are very good. I think the third could be an setting, the the teacher can enable it or disable.

You can help by voting in this issue at Moodle Tracker: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-65371
In reply to Willian Mano

by Lotte Wiss -

I remember the first time I got my hands on a self-improvement book. I was baffled. At that moment, I realized my fate was not set in stone. I could become my own drill master and coach. The books I read would set out the training course for me to overcome. All I had to do was listen to that voice that aspired to climb higher and higher.

Every time I committed to a new challenge, I knew it was going to be outside of my comfort zone. But after enough iterations, I also knew it will not just be part of my repertoire, it will be part of me

Not all self-improvement books are made equal. Some help  start you out on your journey, others give you a boost when you’ve achieved experience in certain areas.