Mobile app not loading moodle books or files

Mobile app not loading moodle books or files

by Raymond Mlambo -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

I need some help in fixing an issue with the mobile app.

I have built the app for both android and ios, and its running quite okay. I can log into my site, and open courses. However, if I try to open a book, the page then keeps loading, and nothing happens. If I quit the app and then come back in again, the app then gets stuck on the splash screen, and I'd have to uninstall the app completely.

In Xcode, I get the following debug message:

WARN: 'Ionic Native: tried accessing the FileTransfer plugin but it's not installed.

Oh, by the way, If I install the official moodle mobile app, and log into my moodle site, the books and files load very nicely!

Help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Mlambo

Re: Mobile app not loading moodle books or files

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Although I know absolutely nothing about building the app, I know you will need to provide much more information about your setup to get any help with that issue. More information means more chance of help.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Raymond Mlambo -

Thank you for the response @Marcus.

Here is a bit more info on my dev environment, and the errors that I'm getting now:

Cordova 8.1.1
npm 5.0.0
Moodlemobile 3.6.0
MacOS PC with Mojave

I did some checks in the browser after some good pointers by Mark Johnson, and found the errors shown in the screenshots attached when I tried to open a pdf file.

Attachment Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 13.42.26.png
Attachment Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 14.44.18.png
In reply to Raymond Mlambo

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

the error says that you don't have a Cordova plugin installed, so it seems that you have to double check that all the Cordova plugins required by the app are installed

Cheers, Juan