Hide dashboard elements in Boost Campus

Hide dashboard elements in Boost Campus

by Jason Lane -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all, is there a CSS rule I can use to hide the profile/header on the Dashboard page only (using Moodle 3.5 and Boost Campus theme)? i.e. hide the highlighted John Student region in the screenshot below.

I don't want to hide the page-header element throughout the site for obvious reasons - but there doesn't seem to be any selector I can use to hide it, unless I'm completely missing it!

And if anyone can help - are there any related forum topics about re-utilising the course overview pinwheels from the Boost dashboard so it can appear on course pages?

Thank you fellow Easter Moodlers,
Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Hide dashboard elements in Boost Campus

by Jason Lane -

Partially solved my own problem if anyone is looking for Boost Campus dashboard fix. 

Firstly, I was unable to remove the page header. 

But I have been able to add a new block that is called "My courses" (Learning Works) and this gave me more flexibility using CSS to design and structure the dashboard as I wanted. Using Moodle 3.5 this worked a treat - no pinwheel but an equally effective horizontal bar (taking up less screen space).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Hide dashboard elements in Boost Campus

by Kathrin Osswald -

Hi Jason,

I'm the maintainer of Boost Campus. My colleague told me about your post. If you have problems with Boost Campus, you could also open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-theme_boost_campus/issues

Here it's not guaranteed that I see all the questions regarding Boost Campus

Here's my answer:

You could remove the page header with this easy CSS:

#page-header {
    display: none;
}

But be aware that this will also remove the page header from the course sites and then important information are missing.

You could alter the rule to 

body:not(.path-course) #page-header {
    display: none;

This rule should remove the page header on all sites but the course pages.

I hope this helps you. If not, please come back to me here.

Best, Kathrin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)