Payment gateway for Moodle

Payment gateway for Moodle

by Ejiro Ekpogbe -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

Pardon me if i have posted in the wrong forum and please feel to connect me to the right forum.

My name is Ejiro, a Nigerian and currently administering my organisation's Moodle site. We are looking to integrate a payment gateway with our Moodle and have searched Moodle plugins but could not find any whose merchant exists in Nigeria.

We have a payment merchant in Nigeria who offers online payment options with plugins for Wordpress, Magento etc but none for Moodle. But they have offered to develop a payment gateway for Moodle if they are provided with all the information they would need.

Hence my question is: What do we have to do to enable us develop a payment gateway for Moodle using our local merchant?

Your quick response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ejiro Ekpogbe

Re: Payment gateway for Moodle

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ejiro Ekpogbe -

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately we cannot receive payments with Paypal in Nigeria and Stripe is also not supported in Nigeria. We want to receive payments from students who enrol in our courses so we really need a reliable and easy-to-use payment platform.

In my previous message, i mentioned that we have a local merchant, Paystack, and they are willing to develop a plugin that will be integrated with Moodle to enable us receive payments.

What should we do?

by Goodluck Emereuwa -

Ejiro,

Glad to know you and glad to know Paystack is willing to develop a plugin to handle payments in moodle.

I am currently working on a moodle project for a client and the client wants to use paystack for payments. Integration with moodle has been hectic.

As of now, I had to setup a wordpress site with woocommerce to utilize the woocommerce paystack payment plugin, then enable Moodle Webservices API to try to communicate with the WP site. I am still in the process and hence cannot report whether or not it will work as expected.

However, I intend to look at some existing plugins and see if any new ideas will pop up.

Please kindly keep me posted if and when paystack comes through with the plugin.

Thanks 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Goodluck Emereuwa

by SAJAL TIWARI -

You can take payment through wordpress and link it to Moodle for enrolments

There are good plugins provided by Edwiser for the same.

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Is Pesapal still alive in Kenya? I wrote a payment plugin for that for an older Moodle version (2.4 perhaps).
In reply to Brian Merritt

by FyJah SadiQue -
Would love to get a sample of that PesaPal plugin please.
In reply to FyJah SadiQue

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The plugin was developed for Nairobi Institute of Business Studies

My contact there was 

Eric Wanyoike <ewanyoike@nibs.ac.ke>

As they paid to have the plugin developed we would need their permission to share.

Best regards

Brian

In reply to Brian Merritt

by FyJah SadiQue -
I have already received Eric's permission. However, I can't seem to be able to send you an email through info@2111co.com. My email is pickapp.co.ke@gmail.com