Push notification not working

Push notification not working

by Muhammad Nurasyraf -
Number of replies: 8
Hi all moodle friendly community.

This question might seem normal, but i have a problem with push notification on mobile.

The problem is when i post a activity, there is no push notification shown on phone (Android : Samsung J7 Prime)

I already follow https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Moodle_app_notifications still not working.

Message notification is show, but activity notification not showing.  I also attach some picture for prove.

Thanks.

Attachment mobile output.png
Attachment photo_2019-04-16_15-58-44.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muhammad Nurasyraf

Re: Push notification not working

by Muhammad Nurasyraf -
additional picture.
Attachment setting.png

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

is this happening for any type of notification, have you tried with private messages between users?

Some times if Push notifications are not reaching is because there is a firewall preventing your server to contact to messages.moodle.net

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Muhammad Nurasyraf -

Hi again, I already try for private messages between users. it working good. But for other activities it not working.

Can I know how to test for contacting the server at messages.moodle.net?

Thanks.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

HI,

if it works for private messages, it should work for the rest of activities.

could you try with the forum following this guide?

https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Moodle_app_notifications#Testing_push_notifications

Are you sure that the cron task is running properly in your system?

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Muhammad Nurasyraf -
Hi,

I remove all my old crontab, then apply a new crontab provided at https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Cron

Now it working great. Thanks.

by Ahmad Saleh -
Hi Muhammad,
I am happy it worked with you. But since I have the same problem, could you help me get my push notifications. I have private messageing and message notifications working properly. Put activity notifications are not.
I have however this notifications in my administration panel, could this be the reason of my notifications problem:
The cli/cron.php maintenance script has not been run for at least 24 hours.
Thanks,
Ahmad
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ahmad Saleh -

Hello,

I am not receiving alerts for forum posts although I can receive private message notifications both on the app and website.

Thank you for helping me,

Ahmad