Atto Word Import file upload fails and Math Equation fails

Atto Word Import file upload fails and Math Equation fails

by Dave Weninger -
Number of replies: 1

Dear Sir,

My Moodle version is 3.6.1 and the Word File Import version is 1.3.7 (Build 2018060401)

I enabled the xsl extension by adding  extension=/usr/lib64/php-zts/modules/xsl.so into php.ini  .I followed the default instruction to install the word import plugin. It seems that the installation is successfully.

However, I click the button of word import at Atto Editor. It pop up a dialog of file upload. However, it shows nothing when I upload a docx file with formatted text and embedded jpg image. The upload looks to be unsuccessful. Instead, if I drag the word file into the Atto text editor space, it works well and show the Word context with image.

Another strange thing is that the Math equation is not imported to the Atto editor correctly. It shows abnormal symbol and looks to be corrupted. It is not reasonable because the functional specif states that the plugin should support Math Equation.

Please feel free to advise.

Thank you very much.

Kelvin Ma

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Weninger

Re: Atto Word Import file upload fails and Math Equation fails

by Dave Weninger -

Dear Sir,

My Moodle version is 3.6.1 and the Word File Import version is 1.3.7 (Build 2018060401)

I enabled the xsl extension by adding  extension=/usr/lib64/php-zts/modules/xsl.so into php.ini  .I followed the default instruction to install the word import plugin. It seems that the installation is successful.

However, I click the button of word import at Atto Editor. It pops up a dialog of file upload. However, it shows nothing when I upload a .docx file with formatted text and embedded jpg image. The upload looks to be unsuccessful. Instead, if I drag the .docx file into the Atto text editor space, it works well and show the Word content with image. Please see attached image.

Another strange thing is that the Math equation is not imported to the Atto editor correctly. It shows abnormal symbol and looks to be corrupted. It is not reasonable because the functional specif states that the plugin should support Math Equation. Please see attached image.

Please feel free to advise.

Thank you very much.

Kelvin Ma

Attachment Equation Error.JPG
Attachment upload_error.JPG