managersemail - default value email appearing in profiles but still needs manual 'activation' via user profile when manually enrolling users (ie not bulk enrol)

managersemail - default value email appearing in profiles but still needs manual 'activation' via user profile when manually enrolling users (ie not bulk enrol)

by Mata Henry -
Number of replies: 0

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=343996

Hi everyone

We are using the facetoface plugin and works well, but I'm encountering a niggly problem during enrolment. Bulk enrolment works a charm - all tickety boo there.

However, if we have just a handful to enrol - and dont want to use the csv bulk enrol process - I have found that despite setting the Default value for "managersemail", I still have to go back into each of the user profiles and save the profile again to make that default email address value 'stick'.

If we dont do this, the user encounters the msg "you havent been assigned a manager yet" msg.

I've set up managersemail as a text input rather than area.

• Moodle: 3.1.5+ (Build: 20170316)
  • PHP: Version 5.6.25
  • Face to face plugin: 2.3.1+ (Build: 2014030600) 2017121800

We're about to upgrade to Moodle 3.5.5+ and Im applying a new skin on our UAT. Admittedly, I've yet to test the upgraded plugin there so it could well be resolved in the newer version, but we'll not go live for at least a month or so, and I'm writing up process doco for key stakeholders now. 

• Moodle: 3.5.5+ (Build: 20190322)
  • PHP: Version 7.1.8
  • Face to face plugin: 3.4.3 2018110900

Just seeing if anyone else has encountered this and knows of something I've missed or not done proper.

Any help or guidance would be rad.

Attachment gotta-scroll-down-into-each-users-profile-and-save-profile-again.png
Attachment managersemail-prof-field.png
Average of ratings: -