Compiling error when app name is changed

Compiling error when app name is changed

by Karim Mansour -
Number of replies: 4

I cloned the PhoneGap build of 3.6.1 and was able to compile it successfully until I change the name of the app in the config.xml, suddenly the android version is refusing to compile. It throws this error:

Error: Unable to graft xml at selector "/manifest/application/activity[@android:name='Moodle']" from "/var/gimlet/tmp/47164946656600/3527725/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml" during config install

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karim Mansour

Re: Compiling error when app name is changed

by Dennie Walker -

Having the same issue.

Can someone lend some assistance please.

Much appreciated

Thanks

In reply to Dennie Walker

by Peter Upfold -

I'm afraid I don't know anything about PhoneGap builds; I am building this manually on a Windows system for Android.

After editing the app identifiers in all the places -- at least src/config.json and config.xml, I needed to cordova platform remove android and cordova platform add android again afterwards to completely regenerate the Android platform project.

In reply to Karim Mansour

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

this is because you have to change the word 'Moodle' everywhere in the config.xml file

This was changed in the latest version currently in integration to avoid this type of errors though

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Karim Mansour -

That's right. I tried the "integration" branch, and it works flawlessly. Can you please tell me what's the difference between "master" and "integration" branches?