Enable global search; Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list !!

Enable global search; Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list !!

by Naaman Fallouh -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the global search in my Moodle 3.5+ instance, I did the settings to "Simple Search Engine" but when trying to search for anything in my site I get the following error:

Debug info: Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
SELECT * FROM mdl_search_simpledb_index WHERE (owneruserid = ? OR owneruserid = ?) AND MATCH (title, content, description1, description2) AGAINST (?) LIMIT 0, 10
[array (
0 => 0,
1 => '2',
2 => 'linux',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception

What's going wrong here?

Regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Naaman Fallouh

Re: Enable global search; Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list !!

by Joe Boyle -

I see we have the same problem.

Global search

×Debug info: Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
SELECT * FROM mdl_search_simpledb_index WHERE (owneruserid = ? OR owneruserid = ?) AND MATCH (title, content, description1, description2) AGAINST (?) LIMIT 0, 10
[array (
0 => 0,
1 => '3',
2 => 'l',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
×Stack trace:
  • line 486 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 1245 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1400 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 184 of /search/engine/simpledb/classes/engine.php: call to moodle_database->get_records_select()
  • line 790 of /search/classes/manager.php: call to search_simpledb\engine->execute_query()
  • line 684 of /search/classes/manager.php: call to core_search\manager->search()
  • line 151 of /search/index.php: call to core_search\manager->paged_search()

Any one else?/ Any people who have solved the issue?

Joe

In reply to Naaman Fallouh

by Tyler Bogdan -
I know this issue is a couple months old but I have the exact same problem on Moodle 3.7+ (Build: 20190620). Has anyone figured this out?

Edit:
Nevermind, I did some googling and figured it out.  I executed this SQL on my moodle database and now the search works.

ALTER TABLE search_simpledb_index ADD FULLTEXT(title, content, description1, description2)
Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Tyler Bogdan

by Don Schwartz -

Wow. Finally the answer many have searched for. Thank you. It worked instantly and I'm going to add it to the global search docs page so others don't pull their hair out like I have

In reply to Don Schwartz

by Tyler Bogdan -
Glad I could help!