html editor

html editor

s mills -
Кількість відповідей: 15

Hello,

I cannot seem to locate the html editor in my moodle site.  Do I need to configure the system to turn it on?

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks...............Susan

У відповідь на s mills

Re: html editor

Clarence Prudhoe -

Susan,

Go to Administration/Configuration/Editor Settings.  The first option is htmleditor yes or no.

Set this to "yes" and the html editor should open when you turn editing on and then click the Edit summary icon.

Cheers,

Clarence

У відповідь на Clarence Prudhoe

s mills -

Hello Clarence,

Thank you for your email.  Yes, I do have the editor settings set to " yes" and still no editor appears.  I'm not sure why this is the case............any suggestions?

Susan 

У відповідь на s mills

Clarence Prudhoe -

Susan,

I am using IE 6 and it works well there.  What does it do when you activate the editor?  What comes up if anyting?

If you are using IE 6 or Firefox, and it is not working, then you may need to upload the Moodle HTML editor files again.  At least that is what I would try next.

Clarence

У відповідь на Clarence Prudhoe

Patrick Tydtgat -

Hello,

I put on a new moodlesite today (version 1.5.3 stable) and the HTML-editor does not work with IE6. All the buttons are traced, but invisible.
Result: the site stops and is even not accessible for a five minutes.
With Firefox 1.0.7 everything works fine.

As most of the students use IE6, I would be glad if it wouls work also with IE6.

Sorry for my bad English, as I am Dutch speaking in everyday life.

Thanks

У відповідь на Patrick Tydtgat

Patrick Tydtgat -

Sorry !!!

This morning I got the same error , even with Firefox 1.0.7.

So I am back at start, Hoping someone really knows the answer.
Thanks

Patrick Tydtgat -

Hello,
After a few days of trying, I found following answer:
As the HTML Editor worked godd on some places and not at home, I tought the problem lays by my configuration.

At home I have: ADSL-internetconection - modem/router with tree pc's connect to it.
I hav on every pc a virusscanprogram (AVG - Grisoft) and a firewall (Sygate personal)
I turned them all off. Nothing goes.
Finally I turned off the firewall of the router and you guess: Everything works fine, even after turning AVG and Sygate back on with IE6 and with Firefox.

Hoping that will work for everyone with the same problem,
regards,

Patrick

koen roggemans -
Фото Core developers Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Plugin developers Фото Translators
Hi Patrick

So strange - I don't understand how a hardware firewall can stop parts of a webpage. It all (webpage including editor) comes in after a request on port 80...

Anyway, glad you could fix it усміхаюсь
У відповідь на koen roggemans

Miguel Muñoz -

hi friends... I have had that problem for months!!!  No HTML rich text editor is being displayed sad

I have tried many suggs. that I read here and nothing happens.. I'm using Explorer 6, Firefox 1.5, Netscape 7... turn on/off the firewall, change many config, upgrade to Moodle 1.5.2 and nothing!!!

I can not see my own editor, but I can see it right here writting this post at moodle.org and at other sites using moodle...

PLEASE HELP!!!!

У відповідь на Miguel Muñoz

Steve Hyndman -

Miguel,

First, you as the site admin need to make sure you are allowing the html editor to be used. This setting is in administraton/configuration/editor settings...see below. Next, each user needs to make sure they have selected to use the html editor in their profile.

html editor setting

Steve

У відповідь на Miguel Muñoz

s mills -

Hello Miguel,

I also have never had the html editor showup since setting up moodle.  Yes I have tried all the suggestion put forth to me regarding this problem with no success.  The final solution I will try is to download moodle once again and see if the editor shows up with a new download.

Maybe you might want to try this also if everything else has failed!

Susan/Calgary Alberta

У відповідь на s mills

Martina Wittmers -
Hi Susan,
have you tried other modes than administrator?
I stumbled several times over this: I began a moodle introduction as admin, wanted to show the editor and there was none. Then I logged in as trainer and I was fine.

Or perhaps this workaround will do:
If you are using Firefox, check Xinha here! in this thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=30835

Good luck!
Martina
У відповідь на Martina Wittmers

Miguel Muñoz -

Thank you to all of who tried to help me!

After month searching for a solution to get my html editor working, I made something that I must have done it before... to contact my hosting privider!

They kindly explained that installed a new mod_security on the server in order to make my editor works... and now it is been displayed pretty fine!

У відповідь на Martina Wittmers

Greg Salyer -
Martina et al.,
I've had a similar problem, and Martina's point was right on for my situation. Only admins were denied the editor.

I tested her theory by creating a new user to see if the editor worked for this user. It did. So I went back and deleted all users and had them create new accounts. Fortunately, this is a new site with only a few users. It worked. Now, even as an admin, I have the editor.

I have no idea why this worked, but I'm glad it did. The Xinha solution is a good one but beyond most end-users in my experience.

Some background:
This was a site originally installed by a friend of mine using Fantastico, which installed Moodle 1.5.2. I upgraded the site to 1.53 and added some extra modules and themes.

Hope this helps.
/g