Error:cannotdowngrade

by YOONJI LEE -
Number of replies: 3

Help me!

I didn’t check the plugin version by mistake.

The homepage doesn’t work nomally.

Please help me.

Homepage : www.daybreakmoodle.org

I trid to install grade history.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to YOONJI LEE

Re: Error:cannotdowngrade

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you really need to go back to an earlier version of the plugin, then it is possible with some editing of the database. This carries the major caveat that doing this may leave the plugin data in an unusable state (you can usually get away with it, but if a plugin has made big changes to the DB structure, then it will cause problems).

• Edit the version number, by looking in mdl_config_plugins, searching for plugin = 'name of plugin' and name = 'version'
  • Change the version number to the old version number
  • Purge the site caches (on the command line, you can do this via: /admin/cli/purge_caches.php)

I stress again, that you do not want to be in the situation where you have to do this, as the DB can end up in a bad state - you are far better sticking with the later version of the plugin, if at all possible.

In reply to Davo Smith

by YOONJI LEE -

Thank you.
But I don't want to use the previous version. It's the wrong installation.
So I want to get it right, but it's not working.

I deleted the plug-in and reinstalled it with the latest version, but it doesn't work.

In reply to YOONJI LEE

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Your homepage looks as though it it's working - what specifically is not working as you expect?