face-to-face - displays as 'complete' even if learner was marked as 'no show'

face-to-face - displays as 'complete' even if learner was marked as 'no show'

per Bruce Herbert,
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have been configuring a face-to-face activity and have noticed that when I mark a learner as 'no show', then the activity is still being set as 'complete' for them.

Is there any way to tie passing grade to completion in this activity type?

Thanks,

Bruce

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruce Herbert

Re: face-to-face - displays as 'complete' even if learner was marked as 'no show'

per Jeremy Schweitzer,
Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers

Unfortunately not at this time. Partially attended gets recorded as a 50, fully attended as 100, and no show as a zero. Those are all grades, so completion is triggered for all of them. I usually recommend using grade restrictions on a later activity that has more robust completion options, such as feedback, to trigger course completion. 

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

Re: face-to-face - displays as 'complete' even if learner was marked as 'no show'

per Bruce Herbert,

How would I set course completion to only occur for example for a grade of 100%?

I have several sessions that a learner can choose from, they only need to attend one fully to pass...

Is that possible through grade book? If so, can you provide an example?

Thanks

In reply to Bruce Herbert

per Melanie Scott,
Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers

Set a grade to pass and it won't give completion. So...step 1, must receive a grade (but not view, that can jack things up massively). Step 2: Grades, Gradebook setup, Edit/Edit settings for the F2F, Set your Grade to pass to 50 or 100 (whatever you expect). Save.  You might need to click Show more to see the Grade to pass.

In reply to Melanie Scott

per Jeremy Schweitzer,
Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers

At least in my testing on the latest version of the plugin and Moodle 3.5 and 3.6 that will still mark the activity as complete, but completed (did not achieve pass grade). So if course completion is tied to activity completion that will still mark as complete despite the no show. In some plugins there is an option to restriction completion to a passing grade, but F2F doesn't support that. 

So in this use case I would set the required course grade to 75 or 100 for course completion rather than rely on activity completion, or if there are other activities I would use a grade restriction instead of an activity completion to restrict access to the later activities. 

Jeremy

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

per Melanie Scott,
Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers

F2F does work with passing grade, but you have to set it manually in the gradebook. There is not a specific 'require passing grade' the way quiz or other modules have within settings, though. I've been requiring a passing grade this way for course and activity settings for years...

Average of ratings:Useful (2)