Google sign-in for multiple moodle sites

Google sign-in for multiple moodle sites

by Kenia Delgado -
Number of replies: 0

Moddle version: 2.5.1

Hi! I am currently working on a solution for the school I work at (UACh) that involves creating a single log-in for all moodle platforms, what we would like to achieve is to log-in a user to multiple moodle sites but only with a single google sign-in session.

The way the app works is: first the user logs to a panel that displays all the courses they have (we have users that have courses up to 3 different sites for example), and then we generate links to those courses for them to click and redirect to the moodle course they want in the specific moodle site the course is (they don't log in again, because in the app log-in to the panel, this is done already).

This single login was already achieve but using ldap identification in two ways:

1- From the first log-in to the panel, from where we log the user to the sites they are enrolled using the credentias they give.

2 - They log-in to the panel, and in the links to their courses is a POST that sends the credentials to the moodle site and then logs the user and redirects to the course they want

We are looking for an alternative log-in way using google sign-in, so we could protect our users credentials better.

We would like to log the user to the moodle platforms from the first log-in to the panel (or even only when they click the links from the panel). We successfully incorporate google sign-in to the login for the panel, but now we don't know how to log the user to the moodles without having them use the google sign-in account selector for each moodle they pretend to enter (like I mention we have users with courses up to 3 sites) , we can't get the password from the google sign-in addition, so we can't sent the credentials to log them in.

I don't know if someone has already achieve this, if someone has I would be really grateful if you could help us out to achieve this ourselves! or even if someone has useful tips or ideas, would be helpful to!

Average of ratings: -