Groups, Grouping and Tutor Groups

Groups, Grouping and Tutor Groups

by Kieran Briggs -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all.

I'm using Moodle 3.5.2

I have a course with roughly 100 students on it split into 10 tutor groups.  Most of the activities and resources are fine doing as a whole cohort, but there are a number of activities which need to be done in tutor groups.  Fine.  I create 10 groups and assign them all.  I get that.  But there are a couple of activities where they work in larger groups of 15-20 students and not all of a tutor group.  So I create groups for those too.  

My question is that if I set them on Separate groups how does that work?  Does it just look at a student and each and every teacher in all groups can see their work?  If I create groupings and only add the group activity groups into it, will that solve it?

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Briggs

Re: Groups, Grouping and Tutor Groups

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can use the restrict access feature to make those activities only available to the specified groups.

See Restrict_access_settings

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Kieran Briggs -

Thanks Howard.  I think thats what i'm looking for. smile

In reply to Kieran Briggs

by C Behan -

Also, check out Groupings.

You can have one grouping called Tutor Groups and another called e.g. Activities groups. Put the groups in to their respective groupings. 

If you want to get students to submit assignments in groups you should definitely use the Grouping feature.