Moodle 3.6.2 changing my question types

Moodle 3.6.2 changing my question types

by Monica Cain -
Number of replies: 1

This is getting much too awful and I need this fixed or get a fix for it.

I attempted to add a multiple choice quiz and got a wrong result on it with "ERR" in front of each selection.  I put a question in General on March 14 with no response.

Today I had a student report that a quiz that was previously (for the past 2 or 3 years) essay answers turned itself into multiple choice.

I attempted to re-upload the questions and checked that they were all essay answers.  When I tested the quiz I got wrong answers as it is being treated as multiple choice using my feedback as the only right answer.

Here is a sample of my coding for import:

::BL PT01-01-02::

BY-LAW NO. 1 - 1 DEFINITIONS

In this By-law and all other by-laws of the Corporation, unless the context otherwise requires:

"by-law" means any by-law of the Corporation from time to time in force and effect;

{####This just defines the term by-law and these may be changed as needed. }

I attempted to put this in as a bug but it won't let me.

I fear I will need to go to social media to find some help.  My students are suffering!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Cain

Re: Moodle 3.6.2 changing my question types

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Monica - we’re trying to help - but posting multiple versions of the same question is not a good idea. We need you to give us MUCH more information about your upgrade and current setup before we can even try to work out what’s going on - and indeed any one else you ask will need the same information.

The quiz has not turned itself into anything. If it was working previously and now isn’t, then something has changed, even if it wasn’t you that made the change.

Are you the only site admin?

What version of Moodle were you in before your upgrade?

Did you install/delete/upgrade any plugins prior to or since the Moodle upgrade?

You’ve said you’re now on version 3.6.2 but what build number is your Moodle running now? (Go to Site Admin > Notifications for this info)

What OS are you running on, and what are the versions of PHP, MySQL, etc (or their equivalents in your OS)? (Go to Site Admin > Server > PHP info for this info)

Are you shared, dedicated or internal hosting?

Has your hosting been upgraded?