'Match whole words only' seems not to work on Moodle Cloud

'Match whole words only' seems not to work on Moodle Cloud

by Ben Hinton -
Number of replies: 2

[I've read 'before you post']

[I'm using Moodle cloud]

I've ticked 'Match whole words only' in Site Administration>Plugins>Activity Modules>Glossary

I've 'save changes', logged out, logged in, cleared all caches, tried deleting and adding an entry and yet...

Text in my course is still linking to parts of words inside whole words such as: 'that', 'around' and 'highlight'*

I feel like I might be doing something silly/wrong. Any thoughts appreciated.

Ben

* Yes, many short words are in my glossary as I'm trying to highlight for my students words they do no on long reading passages.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Hinton

Re: 'Match whole words only' seems not to work on Moodle Cloud

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Ben

I’ve just added a glossary to my Moodle Cloud installation and it works as expected.

The setting you mention for matching whole words only is the default setting at global level. Did you check to see if “Match Whole Words Only” was ticked when you added the individual entries to your glossary?

And daft question - but is this the only glossary in the course or could another glossary elsewhere in the course/site with the same words but different settings be affecting things at all?

In reply to Jon Bolton

Thanks - that did the trick!

by Ben Hinton -

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to reply. In my case just a single global glossary. It was, however, indeed an individual entry settings issue. Seems I overlooked this because I was importing from XML. I'm able to verify its individual entry settings by manually adjusting settings on a few entries - so I'll now edit my XML import file. Brilliant! Thanks so much John.