Teacher cannot edit quiz questions added by another user from question bank

Teacher cannot edit quiz questions added by another user from question bank

by Jaco-Louis Kruger -
Number of replies: 7

Good day

I am a Moodle administrator on a Moodle 3.6.2 site and currently have the following issue.

A teacher is unable to edit a question in a quiz that has been added by a site administrator from the question bank. The teacher can open the quiz for editing and see the list of questions, but after clicking on the gear icon to edit a specific question in the quiz, the following message is displayed: Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view). When I click on the more information about this error, it only takes me to the following URLhttps://docs.moodle.org/36/en/error/moodle/nopermissions 

I have been over the permissions of the editingteacher role and I am unable to find the cause for the error.

I am an administrator and I am however able to edit the questions added by another administrator, but the teachers are not able to do so.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaco-Louis Kruger

Re: Teacher cannot edit quiz questions added by another user from question bank

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You say "I have been over the permissions of the editingteacher role and I am unable to find the cause for the error." but perhaps if you showed us the way these permissions are set for this teacher (use Quiz settings -> Check permissions and show us the results for the moodle/question:... capabilities) then we could check for you.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jaco-Louis Kruger -

Good day

Thank you for the feedback, I have created a pastebin for the permissions.

The link is as follows: https://pastebin.com/ncQau6Y4

Please let me know if any further information is required.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

OK, so all those permissions are 'Yes'. I guess you also need to look at see where in the question bank the questions that the teacher cannot edit are located. As admin, you should be able to open the edit form, and see what the category is set to.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jaco-Louis Kruger -

Good day

The questions reside in "Question categories for 'System'".

Would it make a difference if I were to change the parent category to "Top for <module name>"? The current parent category is "Top for System".

Thank you for the help in this regard.

Kind regards
Jaco-Louis

Attachment Capture.PNG

by Tim Hunt -

Well, don't start changing things like that until you have a better understanding of how this works. https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Question_sharer

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jaco-Louis Kruger -

Good day

Thank you so much for the feedback and the help. The link you provided helped me solve the problem.

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Kind regards
Jaco-Louis

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Tim Hunt -

Thanks for letting us know.