AMD src and build files

AMD src and build files

av Matti Jordman -
Antall svar: 4

Hi

I've javascript files of my module in amd/src folder and after grunt in amd/build folder. For example:

amd/src/main.js
amd/build/main.min.js

view.php calls:
$PAGE->requires->js_call_amd('mod_mymodule/main', 'Init')

It looks like main.js and other src files are always loaded. How do I get main.min.js and other min files loaded? Should or can I remove src files (causes an error)? Should I change the js_call or something else?

Thanks

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Matti Jordman

Re: AMD src and build files

av Tim Hunt -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers

Whether the source files or build files are used depends on an admin settings whose name I forget. The point is that when you are doing development, you want it to use the src file, so you can just edit the file and reload to test, and also use the JavaScript debugger on readable code. Then, your real Moodle site, where performance is important, will use the minified file.

So, anyway, don't be surprised if it uses the non-minified files during development. This is a feature.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Tim Hunt

av Andreas Grabs -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Translators

Hi,

the settings has to be made in "config.php":

$CFG->cachejs = false;

With this the "src" files are used.

Best regards
Andreas

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Andreas Grabs

av Davo Smith -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers

As long as you have debugging set to 'developer', you will get the non-minified files served, if you switch off debugging, then the minified files are served instead. I can't verify the cachejs setting, as I've never used it myself (I guess it is irrelevant if you've already got debugging on).

One other helpful setting is $CFG->jsrev = -1; as that means you can just refresh the browser to get the latest javascript, without having to purge the site caches (at least, as far as I know - it still seems to work whenever I try it, I've not actually hunted through the code to confirm it).