SSO & Rostering with Clever or ClassLink

Re: SSO & Rostering with Clever or ClassLink

by Amadeusz Swiderski -
Number of replies: 0
That's great! I'm curious how that meeting went how things are moving forward.

Tiny company I'm with has been developing some web service based scripts for rostering, we did manage to completely automate ClassLink's OneRoster and got the SSO to work. Clever SSO works as well, but for now we're rostering manually with CSV upload, and are still in the middle of trying to automate that process since we haven't bought Clever's rostering package yet. (Clever charges the vendors/devs for rostering solutions, ClassLink charges the schools/districts FYI) There are still plenty of kinks to straighten out in our process, and I'm afraid that the setup we have is quite specific to how we manage schools and districts so we haven't bothered to release the code or document it yet. Grouping teachers with students and user deletion/suspension seem to be the biggest hurdles thus far.

I'd be curious to see how other folks are going about it and maybe even compare notes at some point. I will try to keep you posted on our progress, but we're a tiny company and we're very busy with content production, and aren't able to focus completely on this kind of development at the moment.