H5p Interactive video will not go to complete

H5p Interactive video will not go to complete

by Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171201)

H5P plugin 1.17.2

I'm new to h5p and I'm thinking I'm missing at least one setting here, although I have done some research and not found an answer, similiar issues, but no solution for mine. In fact I see people that get completion on an interactive video when they dont want it!. So.....

I've imported a basic mp4 video as an hp5 interactive video into moodle. My goal is to put a simple question at the end (with forward navigation turned off) that asks if they watched the video in completion. The next activity in the Course, a SCORM package, will have a restriction for this interactive video to be marked as complete. I used the hp5 settings to add a true false question at the second before the end of the video. I want this question to determine the completion status and opening the access to the next activity. The only thing is, it is not completing. 

Is there something special I need to set to make the question scorable? The question appears. After answering, I'm immediately sent to a Summary page, where there is a submit answers button. After clicking submit, the screen just goes to black - the video is over. When returning to the course page, no checkmark on the video activity and no access to the next activity.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Bell

Re: H5p Interactive video will not go to complete

by Robyn Lambell -

Hi Dan

I have the same issue.  Did you ever get an answer or work it out? 

I can't get my H5P course presentation to complete with a grade either.  All my settings in the gradebook are correct but I just can't work it out.

Regards

Robyn

In reply to Robyn Lambell

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I did some research on this on the H5P site--apparently the scores don't work the way you expect them to...2 questions right out of 3 is 2 points...apparently there is some sort of weird cascading scale that I cannot begin to describe. Don't expect it to work normally. Also, I found that if the person exits and restarts, it doesn't remember there were correct answers (it remembers where they left off, just not the answers). The way around this (*I think*) is to submit your answers occasionally--by clicking the star at the end and submit your answers. But you've got no reason to know to click the star and submit, so it isn't very intuitive.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Robyn Lambell -

Hi Melanie
Thank you for your reply.
I read through many other posts and I think some of the issues with H5P may be resolved in Moodle 3.9 so in the interim I won't use the interactive video functionality or have it try to grade a module. 
It just means the alternative is that if a user clicks on one slide and exits it will tick off the person as completed the module.