Version Error after moveing the installation

Version Error after moveing the installation

by Aaron R -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Community

I have a problem with my installation since I tried to move it to another server.

To test the move I migrated the data and exported the database. I didn't activate the maintenance mode because it takes a long time and this is a productive instance. (Maybe this is the problem, then I would have to announce a maintenance window). The new Server has also a newer PHP-Version and the Folder and Database has an other nameing.

After I have imported the data on the new server, the message "Config table does not contain version, can not continue, sorry." appears. But when I compare the version.php file and the database the string is the same.

I have already found this error in the forum, but only for installations not after a migration. So deleting and restarting is a bit difficult. I successfully tested an empty Moodle instance.

Maybe someone has had the same problem before or knows what else it could be. Otherwise I'll try Maintenance or don't change the versions and names.

Thanks and Regards
Aaron

In my version.php
$version  = 2016052305.01;

In My Database:

moodle-1-test=# select * from mdl_config where name = 'version';

id |  name   |     value     

----+---------+---------------

22 | version | 2016052305.01

(1 row)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron R

Re: Version Error after moveing the installation

by Aaron R -

I found the problem.

The connection could be established, but the user could not read the tables.

I was a little confused about this error message, because only the one entry was mentioned and it didn't say: I can't read anything.