A Project Calendar

A Project Calendar

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm using Moodle 3.6.2+ and have been asked by my colleagues whether there exists a tool that allows us to create a calendar of upcoming events.

So ok, I know about the built in calendar, but the one we are looking for needs to be a bit more customizable.

We want to be able to define around 7 or so groups:

• Class group
  • Teacher group
  • Specific group such as economics group
  • Internal group
  • etc.
We need to be able to assign tasks, and then when you move to the task, a popup appears that gives information about the task, and allows for a document to be attached optionally.

The calendar would ideally be displayed at the top of the course so that users can see when they access the course what needs to be done.

Does anyone know of any such plugin that fits this sort of concept?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Raper

Re: A Project Calendar

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You might already know what I am about to say, and I am not sure that I can be helpful.

1) Have you explored the built-in "Upcoming Events" block that can be added to a course?

2) Moodle offers great "grouping" features.  I am not sure how group-specific items show in the Calendar or Upcoming Events, but I think that they do show.  Maybe you can experiment a little on your own.

You can create group-specific items in Moodle, such as Pages, that only the group will see.  You might want to call these something like "Tasks."

I always show the Calendar block as the top right-side block.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Paul Raper -

Hi Rick,

Discussion always helps to reduce the density of the wood in the forest of ideas.

I did think along similar lines but it's like trying to take an idea on paper and transfer that to a viable course concept that the team can work with.

They have presented me with a calendar with tasks on it and these tasks apply to some 10 different categories that tey want displayed on the calendar such that a person can click on the item and it will open. Documents too should be attachable.

This is new Moodle territory for me. smile

In reply to Paul Raper

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

In the "Upcoming Events" block (example shown) students can click on an event, be asked a question, and then be taken to that task.

Attachment 1_upcoming_events.jpg
Attachment 2_goto.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)