Menus in the Adaptable theme

Menus in the Adaptable theme

by Andrew Lian -
Number of replies: 4

Hello

I think I must be overwhelmed by all of the options in this theme. Maybe someone can give me a simple answer.

I would like to create a menu at the top of the front page that is permanently visible and would contain the URLs of a few websites. I have found the Links menu that could work but would like the menu items to be listed horizontally across the top of the page. I am sure that I have seen such menus on moodle sites but cannot seem to find a way of doing it here.

Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Lian

Re: Menus in the Adaptable theme

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Following the Gareth request, that is mandatory to provide help to you. Can you attach an screenshot or explain us using the Adaptable layout and terms what exact menu you want to customize?

In reply to Andrew Lian

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You could try adding one of the Bootstrap Navbar options for the version of Moodle you are using.

by adding HTML to the front page when editing is ON.

Here is an example...

In reply to Andrew Lian

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andrew, 

Further to my last comment above, here is a link to the LOOK-N-LEARN page at the top of this forum.

HERE

Look for the link to the LIST oF COMPONANTS for BOOTSTRAP 2.3.2

Clicking on that link you end up in the Bootstrap documentation.

Just scroll down the list on that page for the Navbar examples in Bootstrap 2.3.2

https://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/components.html#navbar

You can then follow the tutorial found in the Forum post in the same page which explains about adding Marketing Spots and a Jumbo size header container. As seen HERE

This works in Adaptable in Moodle 3.5 or 3.6 

Cheers

Mary