Questionnaires visible under 'Manage Activities' but not on the course page

Questionnaires visible under 'Manage Activities' but not on the course page

by Martin Baariu -
Number of replies: 6
The background of my problem is that our LMS went down a week ago and we couldn't exactly get down to the problem(later on we found out that it was a problem with one of the themes we were using). We ended up upgrading our Moodle version from 3.3.2 to 3.6.2 as we sought to find a quick remedy. We had backed up our data from the old version.

While our site was back, we could not access Questionnaires any longer - the activity would bring an error like 'error loading page'. I updated the Questionnaire plugin to 3.5.4 (Build - 2019032100) and in the process I lost all the questionnaires from all my eight courses. I went to the backed up database and imported all the questionnaire tables into the new mod/questionnaire directory and now I can view all my 24 questionnaires from the 8 courses under Site administration> Plugins> Activity modules> Manage activities but I cannot access them on any course page. How do I access them? They have lots of data from students.

Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Martin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Baariu

Re: Questionnaires visible under 'Manage Activities' but not on the course page

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sounds like there could be several problems now...

What was the version of questionnaire that you were running before, and that you restored the database tables from? There have been many database structure changes that occur when you upgrade from one release set to another in questionnaire (e.g. 3.3.* -> 3.4.* -> 3.5.*). If you restored a version that was older than the 3.5.* release set, and it did not upgrade, then your table structure will be wrong.

When you say that you cannot access them on the course page, what happens? Make sure you have development debugging turned on so that you can see any error messages.

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Martin Baariu -

Hey Mike,

I was using Questionnaire version 3.3.3 and upgraded to version 3.5.3. When I checked the MySQL tables, there were a few differences but I managed to copy data from the old tables into the new ones. So I am sure they have data, just that I don't know how to access it.

When I say I cannot access them from the course page, I mean that they were not restored into the courses when I updated the plugin. They vanished completely. However I can see them under 'Manage activities' in Site Administration.

I have turned on the development debugging. However, the closest I can get to seeing my questionnaires is if I create a new one, and under Content options I select the copy from existing - and all my questionnaires are listed under existing ones (as shown on the screenshot below). But that only gives me the questions from the questionnaires and not data. Is there a way I can get the questionnaire itself with all the data?

Is there a backend setting that recreate a questionnaire in a course? 

With thanks.

Attachment Questionnaire1.PNG

by Martin Baariu -

Hello,

I just got some more info that I thought might be helpful.

It is possible to click on the existing Questionnaires that appear as shown on the attachment above. When I click on the link to open the questionnaire, I get the error shown in the screenshot below.

Hope this might be helpful as you assist me.

Kind regards,

Martin

Attachment Questionnaire2.PNG

by Mike Churchward -

That looks like the error is coming from your theme. Try viewing the course with a standard Moodle theme.

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Martin Baariu -

Mike,

I have tried changing to different themes and it has not borne any fruit. I suspect there could be a table we did not copy or that did not copy correctly from the older Questionnaire version to the new version, or perhaps a command or line of code that needs to run so as to reveal the Questionnaires on the front end of the course.

Any help is welcome.

Martin

by Mike Churchward -

When you switch to a standard theme, what is the error output?