SSO authentication and Android

SSO authentication and Android

by Michelle Melton -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

We are using Moodle 3.4 and Moodle Mobile 3.6. We have SSO auth on the site, so the mobile setting is to use the browser (not embedded) for login. When logging into the site via the mobile app on Android devices, the redirect from the SSO browser window login takes 30-45 seconds to complete. It is almost immediate on iOS devices. Our SSO auth plugin is using the $SESSION->wantsurl correctly as far as I can tell. Does anyone have suggestions for what might be causing this issue?

Any feedback is most appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Melton

Re: SSO authentication and Android

by Elton LaClare -

I don't have anything helpful to add, but we've also experienced issues with OAuth on Android devices. In our case, we were unable to successfully authenticate using OAuth, no matter how long we waited. I should point out that we're using a custom version of the mobile app.

In reply to Michelle Melton

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

this is really weird, have you tried with different Android devices? is happening in different Android versions?

Is your auth plugin a custom one?

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Michelle Melton -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Juan,

Yes we've tried it with several different Android devices, older and newer, and it is happening on all of them so far. The auth plugin is a custom one for Shibboleth. The site is set up to open the login in the browser, the user authenticates and then is supposed to be redirected back to the Moodle site which then sends them back to the app. It gets hung after authentication when redirecting back to the site. These steps work properly for iOS, but I think there is a difference with the redirection back to the app in iOS because it has the prompt to open in the app.