Can I turn off all notifictions in Face-to-Face?

Can I turn off all notifictions in Face-to-Face?

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I am setting up some classroom events using this plugin, but many of our students do not access their email and would find the notifications and reminders bothersome. For sessions in the past, the plugin has the logic to turn off the reminders and displays session over on the course activity. For future sessions I was hoping for single checkbox on the initial page to "turn-off" all reminders.

Then of course there is most hoping that administrators (instructors) would have a easy way of marking the attendance for all enrolled (select all) and allowing them to select the date of the event vs the current date. Instructors/administrators often do not receive the attendance roster on the same day as the event.

Kind Regards,

Shirley

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Can I turn off all notifictions in Face-to-Face?

by Melanie Scott -

I doubt it.  If you manually register (and then properly enroll, sense manual registration may add people to the course with no role), you can check the 'don't send email' box but I have never seen a way to block it if people sign themselves up. They can choose whether to get one or two emails but not to shut off email entirely.

There is no native way to take attendance for everyone--at a previous job one of my techy coworkers wrote a script to add a link to the options which opened a page where you could enter an id number for each attendee and then submit in bulk.  It would also manually enroll people who showed up without signing up.  It was pretty slick.  But it did require an ID number. Our staff had a badge with an embedded code for their ID so they could swipe into the job sites...his code added something that with a USB swiper would read the id and made it super fast. Unfortunately, I don't have that code.  I thought he posted it for the community many years ago but have not been able to find it if he did...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Can I turn off all notifictions in Face-to-Face?

by Shirley Gregorczyk -

Hello Melanie,

That was super helpful. I have many classroom sessions over the next few weeks and the thought of marking attendee one-by-one and answering the pop-up is making my brain numb.

I will dream on....and click away.

Thank you!