How to turn off mobile view for Moodle's Eguru them?

How to turn off mobile view for Moodle's Eguru them?

by Tri Nguyen Dung -
Number of replies: 4

I have install an instance of Eguru them on my Moodle site. But I want to turn off mobile view for Moodle's Eguru them. I also tried to look for any feature to achieve this:

• From Site administration -> Appearance -> Thems -> Them settings, I turn "Enable device detection" off but it has no effect.
Theme settings

• From Site administration -> Appearance -> Thems -> Eguru -> General, there is no feature that can turn Mobile View mode off.
Eguru General

My website address: http://elearning-medvnu.edu.vn

Moodle version: 2.7.2

Please help me to achieve this.

Attachment thumbnail.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tri Nguyen Dung

Re: How to turn off mobile view for Moodle's Eguru them?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi if you want to use another theme for Mobiles then you need to turn detect device option ON and then SAVE your settings, then go to the Themes selector page, and depending on which version of Moodle you are using, choose Boost or Clean theme for the Mobile device. that should fix the problem.

That is assuming you do not want Mobiles to use Eguru? You will find other options on that page which lets you choose which themes you want for Laptops and Tablets as well as a Personal Computer .

Hope this helps.

By the way we would prefer if you let us know next time you ask a question, which Moodle version you are using as this can cut down on time and effort by the people who are trying help answer your questions.

Thanks

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Tri Nguyen Dung -

Hi Mary Evans,

I am using Moodle 2.7.2. From them setting page, I did see the option to select them for mobile. But it just allow me to select another them for mobile view. In the end, there is no option that allows me to turn off mobile view mode for Eguru them. I also attach some pictures of my current setting:

Default them selected is Eguru

Eguru them is applied for Mobile view

Device detection is on

Mobile view for Eguru them

I hope you can find another solution for me including turn off mobile view for Eguru in code if it is possible.

Note: My website address is http://elearning-medvnu.edu.vn

Thanks,

Tri Nguyen

In reply to Tri Nguyen Dung

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can I ask why do you want to Hide your site from all mobile devices?

if you want to do that then I suggest you go and ask the Eguru Developer to add a setting for you.

Sorry I cannot help you.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Tri Nguyen Dung -

Hi Mary,

It is because I have to turn off mobile view mode for my website to reduce the development cost. When I try to modify Eguru theme to be my own version, there are many features that I need to re-config or re-construct. And mobile view mode is not a customer's requirement, it is the best to turn of mobile view to reduce the effort of developing my website. Besides, I will try another option.

Thanks for your help Mary,

Dung Tri