Database error after upgrade to 3.6.3

Database error after upgrade to 3.6.3

by Vasco Miguel da Lopes -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I've a very strange issue.

After a normal upgrade from 3.5+ to the latest 3.6.3 Moodle version, now i cannot login. I always get this message "Error reading from database", as shown in attached picture.

I've made the upgrade using admin, all requirements were green, it updated all modules without any error and, before i've logged out (normaly), everything was working properly.

I didn't change anything after that, but now i can't loggin again.

I've enable debug from config.php (because i cannot access moodle admin interface) but there isn't any relevant errors.

My database was already in utf8mb4 format and my config.php matches that.

The strange thing is that withou loggin, all site information, courses and everything else shows properly.

Any help, please?

PS - This is the only warnigs that i have in frontpage, when i enable debugging:

Format plugin format_topcoll is not found. Using default format_topics

line 126 of /course/format/lib.php: call to debugging()

line 187 of /course/format/lib.php: call to format_base::get_format_or_default()

line 35 of /course/format/lib.php: call to format_base::instance()

line 2684 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_get_format()

line 545 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to section_info->__construct()

line 418 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo->__construct()

line 2169 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo::instance()

line 64 of /filter/activitynames/filter.php: call to get_fast_modinfo()

line 176 of /lib/filterlib.php: call to filter_activitynames->filter()

line 218 of /lib/filterlib.php: call to filter_manager->apply_filter_chain()

line 1303 of /lib/weblib.php: call to filter_manager->filter_text()

line 2753 of /course/renderer.php: call to format_text()

line 1171 of /course/renderer.php: call to coursecat_helper->get_course_formatted_summary()

line 1141 of /course/renderer.php: call to core_course_renderer->coursecat_coursebox_content()

line 1307 of /course/renderer.php: call to core_course_renderer->coursecat_coursebox()

line 2012 of /course/renderer.php: call to core_course_renderer->coursecat_courses()

line 2440 of /course/renderer.php: call to core_course_renderer->frontpage_available_courses()

line 133 of /index.php: call to core_course_renderer->frontpage()

Attachment moodleerrorloggin.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vasco Miguel da Lopes

Re: Database error after upgrade to 3.6.3

by Vasco Miguel da Lopes -

Hello again!

I've found out the problem and corrected them.

Some tables in database were not in utf8mb4 format. In fact, there were some in utf8mb4_unicode_ci, some in utf8mb4_general_ci and others in utf8_general_ci.

Even after changing collations agrupment, some tables remain with wrong collation, so i've changed everything manually.

After all tables were with utf8mb4_general_ci collation, voilá! I was able again to loggin and logout without any problems.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)

by Heidi W -

Hi!

Does the upgrading to version 3.6.3 make this because I had the same problem? I updated from the version 3.6.2 and I'm sure I have converted tables to format utf8mb4_unicode_ci when I made the upgrading to version 3.6.2. But now after the latest upgrading the table format was mixed like yours. The problem solved converting them manually, thanks to your tip. 

by Guillermo Dova -

Hi Vasco, thanks for this, it worked! saved my day, thanks!!