Custom Certificate Print Date

Custom Certificate Print Date

by Donna Smith -
Number of replies: 3

This is a strange case. The Date on both the Certificate and Custom Certificate is wrong.  We have both because we are changing to the Custom Certificate. The Date chosen on both the date the test was taken. The test was taken on October 19, 2017, the Certificate was generated on October 19, 2017. We save a pdf of the certificate . When I look at the Certificate the date says March 11, 2019. So loaded Custom Certificate added the Date chosing the date the test was taken but still get March 11, 2019. If I change the date the test was taken to another test I get the correct date for that test but if I change back to correct test I still get March 11, 2019.

If I look in the database in cpanel and find the dates for the quiz, it is correct. If I look at the certificates and the date they are correct.  I have attached some screenshots. Where could this March 11, 2019 date be pulling from? It's just on this one student so far.

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Thursday, 14 March 2019, 5:10 PM)

Attachment 3-14-2019 12-04-00 PM.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Donna Smith

Re: Custom Certificate Print Date

by Donna Smith -

Here's a 3rd screenshot.

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to remove image with personal information - original submission Thursday, 14 March 2019, 5:11 PM)

In reply to Donna Smith

by Donna Smith -

More information regarding this issue:

The plugin is updated to the latest version for Moodle 3.6.2. I've had a few instances where the date printed on the certificate is not the date they took the exam but actually the date we updated Moodle. When I look in the cpanel at the test date and the certificate date, the timestamp is correct. Where could this certificate be pulling this date from? It's only on a few students.

It might be a Moodle problem instead of a Custom Certificate problem. Just don't know where else to look to try to fix it for a couple of students so far.

In reply to Donna Smith

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Donna,

We have a similar issue but it only when the certificate is linked to a scorm activity.

Quizzes and Assignments seen to update the certificate date correctly for us.

We need to re-issue certificates on some courses but the main ones affected are the scorms.

Cheers

Mark