[3.6]PDF document conversion

Re: [3.6]PDF document conversion

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Just to add: I also added a new Google document converter.

Doesn't work either, finally gives the error: 'can not open PDF file' upon testing.

System account is connected for both services.

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Er: Re: [3.6]PDF document conversion

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Richard,

Did you finally get the OneDrive converter working?

I'm testing it and when try the test conversion I get that same message (Error code: conversionfailed - The file was not uploaded to Microsoft OneDrive), but on the other hand I can see the tmp file on OneDrive, so the message seems inaccurate and I don't know what else can I try.

I haven't found any documentation about how this should be configured (only vague remarks in the plugins' readme), so any help will be appreciated.

TIA

In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Er: Re: [3.6]PDF document conversion

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Nope, never got it working again. Same with Google btw.

I had to switch back to Unoconv, but this also crashes sometimes. This PDF conversion is just an Achilles heel for Moodle.
In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Er: Re: Er: Re: [3.6]PDF document conversion

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

>> This PDF conversion is just an Achilles heel for Moodle

I agree with that, we're actually using Google Drive and Unoconv but there are some files making all kind of trouble (CPUs at 100%, cron executions consuming GBs of RAM...) and that's the reason I'm trying with OneDrive (as those troublemaking files are often Microsoft's Office files, Microsoft may get them converted correctly).

BTW, we have the Google Drive converter working (on 3.5 and 3.7); we set it up following the docs, but if you have any specific question perhaps I can help you...