Saving Quizzes in Moodle to use in a Newer Version

Saving Quizzes in Moodle to use in a Newer Version

by Erlyn Baack -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Everybody,
Sorry, first of all, for kind of a "beginner" question, but I'm at the limit of my technical expertise just installing moodle in my website host and creating the database with mysql and php. I can get it to work pretty routinely now, and it works great! big grin

I don't think I would ever try upgrading in the middle of a course, but now I would like to save quizzes created in 1.1 to use in a different course in 1.1.1, and my question is where those quizzes are located. Is it as easy as saving a folder in the Moodle script 1.1 and installing in 1.1.1? Or, would it be possible to save the quizzes as text and importing them in the new course in 1.1.1?

Anything I do would be best handled through my website host's control panel or FTP or "import from file" within the 1.1.1 quiz creation module, nothing complicated.

Thanks a lot!

Erlyn
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erlyn Baack

Re: Saving Quizzes in Moodle to use in a Newer Version

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I would definitely recommend upgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1 ... lots of little things were fixed.  All you need to do is replace the Moodle files and keep the same config.php, then visit your admin page.

To move things from one course to another you can use Moodle's Backup and Restore ... make a backup, then restore it to the same server.