Adaptable Theme

Adaptable Theme

by Isabel Baena -
Number of replies: 19

Hi!

I am using Adaptable Theme, I have a problem when I entry like a student the screen it looks like this (not full screen)

Sometimes happens in Area personal you can only see half screen.

How can I fix it? 

Thanks

pantallla

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isabel Baena

Re: Adaptable Theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please kindly read the forum rules.  Any fix (unless you're using an old version and a newer version is fixed but we don't know that!) may have line numbers and they are version specific.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Isabel Baena -

Hi!

I am using 3.4.5 version. 

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Of?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Isabel Baena -

Sorry I dont understand the question. I am using 3.4.5, Adaptable Theme . 

I dont know what exactly do you need?

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As Gareth requested several times, can you provide us what Adaptable version is running in your site?

Also, can you be more specific about the issue?

Did you add some custom code?

Are some other plugins?

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Isabel Baena -

Hi!

Here you are the plugins and my adaptable version

captura

When I enter the course as a student and go to the events area, the page is contracted and only 50% is seen.
Thanks
In reply to Isabel Baena

by Fernando Acedo -

Is this a mobile device?

A desktop?

What screen resolution?

Do you have some custom code? Third party plugins?

Can you post how are set all the settings located in:

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Adaptable > Layout

Please, next time you ask for help add your question in the right thread. Each Adaptable version has its own version thread in this forum. If not, it will not possible to provide support.

by Isabel Baena -

Its a desktop

Screen resolution: 1440 x 900

I dont have any custom code. Third party plugins is 

captura

I can answer the last question because I am trying to access to my plattform and this happen:

error

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ola Isabel, 

I am sorry that Fernando has not been as helpful as one would hope, so I have done some searching and found the problem.

From what I can gather it is due to a fault created in the version of the Adaptable theme you are using which is not compatible with Moodle you have installed.

Here is a link to a post that Fernando added in an older discussion December last year...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=379023#p1528343

Basically what Fernando is saying in that link, is that the Adaptable theme you have is not compatible with the Moodle version you have. 

So to make your site work correctly you need to make sure both your Moodle version and your Adaptable theme are correct and are the same versions as listed in the following link...

https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/src/06072d90bf2401b45a629b54472c2dba1b27fa3c/version.php?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Isabel Baena -

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Should I update my moodle version then, I understand and I will have to do it in my server, isnt?

Thanks again

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

if I were you Isabel, I would...

1. Change to the Boost theme and then make sure your site works correctly.
  2. Remove the Adaptable theme from your site using the UNINSTALL option in the Plugin overview page

Once the above has been done you can Upgrade Moodle to the latest version of 3.6+ providing that you have made backups.

Then when all is working correctly you can install the newest version of Adaptable compatible with your Moodle site.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Fernando Acedo -

You didn't show this error in your first post so I guess you follow a wrong advice provided by other user and your site is now broken.

Please, reply to my questions and follow the steps I provide ONLY.

Otherwise I will not provide you support if you follow other users advice when they do not have any relationship with Adaptable Team Support and can't offer a solution for your problem.

Did you update Moodle in the meantime?  Can you tell me what moodle and Adaptable version are installed right now? And please, do not try to fix it until I reply you or the site will crash totally.

by Mary Evans -

Please tell me Fernando what is wrong with my answer to Isabel?

by Mary Evans -

No I think the problem is yours Fernando as you obviously did not add the correct version of Moodle in YOUR theme.

Had you done so then this NEW theme would NOT have been allowed through the filter if the Admin had not realised they had the wrong version of Moodle.

Also in this link...

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=379023#p1528199

Which mentions Moodle 3.0 to 3.5 in its title, yet in the thread you talk about 3.0 to 3.2.

So how confusing is this?

Also in that same thread there is a warning for others who may have got the same warning error in the older Moodle versions, just as Isabel has duscovered too late.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=379023#p1528267

and YOU dare to blame others.

Just my take on things about the Adaptable theme.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Isabel Baena -

Thank you for your help!

In reply to Isabel Baena

by Mary Evans -

You are welcome Isabel...I am pleased that everything works OK now.

As for the minor problems found while updating Moodle, which are server side problems that require fixing. You can get help with this if you ask in the General Help Forum.

You will need to know which server you are using and give that information when asking for help.

Cheers

Mary