Random and reliable quiz

Random and reliable quiz

by German Guevara -
Number of replies: 0

Hello.

I wonder if I can solve this problem with Moodle.

When creating a quiz, with randomly selected questions, I need to choose the categories from the questions are coming from.

Let's say I need to create a quiz of 16 questions from a topic with 30 categories. In each category there are from 3 to 10 questions.

1. As I understand, I need to choose those 16 specific categories. Then, none of the 14 categories left behind will be used in the quiz. Is this the case? I guess so, but it is a pity "loose" 14 topics from the very beginning.

2. Inside each category, there are questions of different difficulty levels. Being random, it is possible a student to have a difficult quiz (randomly chosen by "bad luck" the difficult questions of each category) and for another one an easy test. The solution I think is to split the category on "regular to easy" and "regular to difficult" questions. 

Can this problem be solved in another way?

3. Inside each category, there are questions of different taxonomy (knowledge, analysis, application, etc), so a random quiz can result in 16 question just knowledge and/or analysis and without application questions. Is this true? At this level, I cannot figure out a solution.

Many thanks for your help.

Average of ratings: -