Quiz Setup - Essay Question Type -How to disable pop-up of "Make comment or override mark" when marking

Quiz Setup - Essay Question Type -How to disable pop-up of "Make comment or override mark" when marking

by Sven Erlic -
Number of replies: 8

When grading a quiz for an individual student rather that for all at the same time, I have to click on "Make comment or override mark" which opens a popup for me to mark and provide feedback to the student. This is exceedingly time consuming.  (see pic 1)

How do I change this so that I can mark the question without leaving the page? It can be done (see pic 2)

Attachment Pic01.JPG
Attachment pic02.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sven Erlic

Re: Quiz Setup - Essay Question Type -How to disable pop-up of "Make comment or override mark" when marking

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You could install this plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/quiz_gradingstudents

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz Setup - Essay Question Type -How to disable pop-up of "Make comment or override mark" when marking

by Sven Erlic -
Thanks but I already have this plugin and it does not remove the annoying "Make comment or override mark" pop-up window and allow for quizzes to be marked in the same window. While this plug-in probably has its uses, it only allows seemingly random single students to be accessed instead of in an orderly manner when marking and it retains the same format of using pop-up for marking. 

There is another way and you are probably right that it could be a new type of plug-in. This would same a lot of time and frustration when marking quizzes. I have looked through the setup in site administration Quiz plugins and there is nothing there that is obvious. Do you have another suggestion?

In reply to Sven Erlic

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Other than conversing about it here in the forum, you can also make an improvement tracker (tracker.moodle.org). This give a place for 'development' chat to occur for anyone who has the time/skillset to look into the matter to see what would be involved. 

Also, if your referring to manual grading questions, have you tried the Manual Grading link (under results) in the quiz?
Manual grading

It allows you to grade all the submitted responses for a given manual grading question in that quiz, all on one page and no extra clicking.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Sven Erlic -

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not sure this should go to the improvement tracker because it is possible to. I just don't know how. 

Yes, I have tried "Manual Grading", I use it all the time but that a feature for when you grade all students at one time and when you grade one question at the time.

I want to grade one student, all the questions, on one page without pop-ups, in a quiz.

In reply to Sven Erlic

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

No. It is not supposed to remove the pop-up on the review attempts page, which is useful for ad-hoc grading of an occasional response. This plugin is designed for efficient grading of many questions, using a dedicated interface.

In reply to Sven Erlic

by Sven Erlic -

Anyone?

In reply to Sven Erlic

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Not a solution, but for my staff, I moved the teacher feedback box to the top of the pop up, instead of being under the student response since they already saw it before the pop up window appears -- save them a little bit of scrolling down the pop up window at a least....

/*Reorders the fields on the Manual Grading Pop Up window to bring the Teacher Comments to the Top */

#page-mod-quiz-reviewquestion .que .content {display: flex; flex-direction: column;}

#page-mod-quiz-reviewquestion .que .content .formulation.clearfix {order: 2;}

#page-mod-quiz-reviewquestion .que .content .comment.clearfix {order: 1;}

#page-mod-quiz-reviewquestion .que .content .history.clearfix {order: 3;}

In reply to John Provasnik

by Sven Erlic -

That is a nice feature in itself, thanks. I am still looking for the solution to mark questions on the quiz marking page for an individual student rather than having to wait for a pop-up for every question and then still have to scroll. 

Does anyone have any suggestions where I could find out how to mark the questions in a quiz without leaving the page?