Some dropdown menus not working

Some dropdown menus not working

by Walter Buchanan -
Number of replies: 17

Moodle v.3.5.3+ (Build: 20181128); Themes in use: Fordson and Clean (for mobile); HTML Editor/Plugin: Atto (2018051401)

Recently upgraded to above build and some drop downs on menu's are behaving oddly re: they don't work as in clicking the button (any of the top navbar navigation buttons as well as buttons within certain pages, for example, trying to Edit a student's submission, extend assignment submission deadline in a course, etc.) do not work. There is either no activity as in nothing happens (no drop downs appear) or the page just seems to refresh or jump to the top of the page). It happens for some but not all pages. We did a test migration first on our test server and all is well no problems.

I have checked the plugin and theme settings/versions and they are the same. I mention this because I read of a bug in Boost + Atto whereby drop down menu's were not displaying as they were unable to work with a '#" in the URL (which is the case for let's say our grading page where teachers need to click the "Edit" button to access a list of options - extend, lock, etc.) but the patch is over 2-years old and I don't think it's wise to apply as test server works fine. 

It seems the browser is not happy - error on page attached as image - and have tested on different browsers. Any ideas from anyone who has experienced something similar?

Attachment button dropdown.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Buchanan

Re: Some dropdown menus not working

by Anu Laitakari -

Hi Walter,

Did you find a solution to this? We have the same issue.

Thanks,

Anu

In reply to Anu Laitakari

by Julia fil -

Hi Walter, 

We have the same too. 

Is it a solution?

In reply to Julia fil

by Abu Ali -
hi dear;
i have the same issue, please let me know if you have find the above solution
In reply to Abu Ali

by Julia fil -

Hi, Abu Ali!

U need to change style in /theme/bootstrapbase/style/moodle.css:

.jsenabled .moodle-actionmenu[data-enhance] .menu {
 /* display: none;*/

In reply to Julia fil

by Abu Ali -
Thanks Julia fill;

please explain me little more about how to apply change. thanks for helping
In reply to Abu Ali

by Julia fil -
Abu Ali, you need open the css file in /yourdomain/theme/bootstrapbase/style/moodle.css:
find this line .jsenabled .moodle-actionmenu[data-enhance] .menu {
and comment this -> /* display: none;*/
In reply to Julia fil

by Guido Roessling -
Picture of Plugin developers
I have the same (I think) issue in Moodle 3.8 (20191118), but do not have theme/bootstrapbase, and making a similar change in theme/boost/style/moodle.css does not work. Does anybody have a hint on where I need to look?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Guido Roessling

by Hermann Klocker-Mark -

Sorry no solution but the same/similar problem! I have bootstrapbase/style/moodle.css but changing this line does nothing.

Even when switching to boost the problem persists. Deleting caches did not help.

In reply to Hermann Klocker-Mark

I investigated (my problem) a little more and filed a bug description: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-67311
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I am not aware of the problem. Wonder whether this applies: Problem accessing dropdown such as personal profile since 3.8 (20191118) update
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

The link you have given is an exact description of my experience (yes, my profile menu is not working too).

But, according to the suggestion there, I am not able to identify a plugin, which could be the culprit. The Javascript file first.js is in directory lib. Is this related to some plugin?  

Attachment fehler1.png
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

After reading your link again I decided to uninstall mod_groupformation and the problem was gone.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Thank you for your help, Hermann. I uninstalled the groupfromation activity from 3.9.1and the profile menu and all the other menus are back.
In reply to Julia fil

by Nur Ali Tejani -
Thank for this.
Worked (but on the same page and in next page again not clickable)
But i am facing same issue with clicking on any drop down menu, Site administrator links, Add and activity and resources.
Need assistance
In reply to Nur Ali Tejani

by Rock Pham -

I was able to fix my site's dropdown menus not working by purging cache, no need to uninstall any plugins

1. Go to Site Administration

2. Search "Purge cache"

3. Select Purges caches

4. Select Purges all caches

Wait a bit and done

I do not know how to replicate the issue, it just happened randomly