[Upgrade 3.5->3.6] Stored file problem (SOLVED)

[Upgrade 3.5->3.6] Stored file problem (SOLVED)

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Just want to share a solution to a problem I had not yet seen. I don't know it's related to 3.5 -> 3.6 upgrade but I think it is because I had never seen it before.

The following error occurred when I tried to cut and paste section text from Course A to Course B:

So this looks pretty bad right? I thought my upgrade had gone wrong. But that's not the case.

What happened:

1. The text that I cut and paste from course A to course B had a link to a file in course A
  2. Pasting the text in a section in course B works, but the error occurs when you try to save the section.
  3. It has to do with the hyperlinks in the copied text. When a hyperlink points to a file in course A, you will not have acces to it from course B. This is what gives the error.

Solution: when copying a text, remove ALL hyperlinks to files/topics from a different course. That's when you can save the section.

I had no idea that Moodle searched the text for broken hyperlinks when saving a section. The error was not clear to me, I thought there was a server problem with reading files.

Tags: Unknown exception related to local files, File does not exist, storedfileproblem, file_exception thrown

Average of ratings: Useful (1)