CAS fails to return evaluated expressions

CAS fails to return evaluated expressions

by Andrew c -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I can not get STACK to communicate with maxima properly.   The expressions that are passed back to STACK are always blank.  Below are  the results of the healthcheck script.  Any recommendations to solve this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Errors

CASText failed validation. CAS failed to return any evaluated expressions. Please check your connection with the CAS.

Maxima command not found in the cache. Using the raw connection.

Context used

Platform: win
Maxima shell command: C:\maxima-5.41.0\bin\sbcl.exe
Maxima initial command: load("C:/inetpub/moodledata/stack/maximalocal.mac");

Maxima timeout: 50

Maxima command

cab:block([RANDOM_SEED, caschat1], stack_randseed(0), make_multsgn("dot"), make_complexJ("i"), make_arccos("cos-1"), OPT_NoFloats:true, sqrtdispflag:true, simp:true, assume_pos:false, assume_real:false, lmxchar:"[", print("[STACKSTART Locals= [ ") , print("-1=[ error= ["), cte("__stackmaximaversion",errcatch(__stackmaximaversion:stackmaximaversion)) , print("0=[ error= ["), cte("caschat0",errcatch(caschat0:x^4/(1+x^4))) , print("1=[ error= ["), cte("caschat1",errcatch(caschat1:diff(x^4/(1+x^4),x))) , print("] ]"), return(true) ); 

Command line

"C:\maxima-5.41.0\bin\sbcl.exe"

inside call_maxima

cab:block([RANDOM_SEED, caschat1], stack_randseed(0), make_multsgn("dot"), make_complexJ("i"), make_arccos("cos-1"), OPT_NoFloats:true, sqrtdispflag:true, simp:true, assume_pos:false, assume_real:false, lmxchar:"[", print("[STACKSTART Locals= [ ") , print("-1=[ error= ["), cte("__stackmaximaversion",errcatch(__stackmaximaversion:stackmaximaversion)) , print("0=[ error= ["), cte("caschat0",errcatch(caschat0:x^4/(1+x^4))) , print("1=[ error= ["), cte("caschat1",errcatch(caschat1:diff(x^4/(1+x^4),x))) , print("] ]"), return(true) ); 

CAS result

unpack_raw_result: no STACKSTART returned. Data returned was: ]]]]

Unpacked result as

Array
(
)

Debug info

Maxima command not found in the cache. Using the raw connection.

Context used

Platform: win
Maxima shell command: C:\maxima-5.41.0\bin\sbcl.exe
Maxima initial command: load("C:/inetpub/moodledata/stack/maximalocal.mac");

Maxima timeout: 50

Maxima command

Command line

"C:\maxima-5.41.0\bin\sbcl.exe"

inside call_maxima

CAS result

unpack_raw_result: no STACKSTART returned. Data returned was: ]]]]

Unpacked result as

Array
(
)

Maxima version

CAS failed to return any evaluated expressions. Please check your connection with the CAS.

win
Found, and using, Maxima in the following directory: C:/maxima-5.41.0/
FAILEDCAS failed to return any evaluated expressions. Please check your connection with the CAS. CAS returned some data as expected, but there were errors.
FAILEDCAS failed to return any evaluated expressions. Please check your connection with the CAS.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew c

Re: CAS fails to return evaluated expressions

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Andrew,

There are a number of possible reasons why your PHP scripts are not connecting to Maxima.  This could be your PHP config or it could be the settings in Moodle.  Email me, (off the list) at C.J.Sangwin@ed.ac.uk and I'll try to help.

Chris