Using Moodle for intercultural communication!

Using Moodle for intercultural communication!

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 1

We use moodle where extensive - and the communication level of our students is high - we are looking for partners, for a intercultural - discussion - project.

Currently I´m teaching at the University of applied sciences FH JOANNEUM Bad Gleichenberg, study course Healthmanagement in Tourism .

With the beginning of summer term 2006 we would like to socialize and support in an experimental way the contacts between students on different continents and within various culture areas. Primarily we think about the situation to feel the important process of getting known to each other in a virtual way. If young guys would meet in a cafeteria, conversations would never take place in a stiff way, like in usual Come togehter meetings.

One of my students, Petra Papst is working on her diploma thesis on this topic and would moderate and oversee this project.

This contact finding process should take place through the use of messenger systems (msn or skype) as well as foren and WIKI (we use the open source software MOODLE and would provide free access to this tool). Our ideas act on the assumtion, that this playful kind of access not only improves the knowledge of different languages (we can offer German, English, French and Spain) but also provides important knowledge about intercucultural processes. We don´t want any stereotyps We wanna let people talk in a way they are used to do, like the do all day long in their usual way.

There will not incurr any costs exept the willingness and the necessary time to get involved into this process. Our students would participate in an unsolicited way and will also use their sparetime for this intercultural project.

Should you know any other universities or institutions, which show interest for this project, please forward those informations to us

If you are interessted, I would ask you to contact me:

· msn: pser2000@hotmail.com

email: ps@sereinigg.at

Just a talk which will last a few moments, but which could create something that you will not find in many ways on this planet People talk across cultures and continents AND have fun doing so!

Thanks

Peter Sereinigg

Lecturer of Information Science and Project Management at FH-Joanneum University of Applied Sciences,
Program in Health Management in Tourism - Bad Gleichenberg (Styria/Austria), http://www.fh-joanneum.at/gmt Lecturer at Alpen-Adria University of Klagenfurt , Department of Business Informatics and Application Systems, (Klagenfurt/Austria), http://www.ifi.uni-klu.ac.at/IWAS , Management Consultant, http://www.sereinigg.at
Office:
Kleinalpe 48
A-8153 Geistthal
Office Klagenfurt:
Valentin Leitgebstrasse 10/5
A-9020 Klagenfurt
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: Using Moodle for intercultural communication!

by Etienne Lévy -
Hi peter from France
I uploaded yout PDF document.
Would yo suggest that the moodle docs could be exchanged in a process like peer to peer? That I could open E-mule and find everything written on a subject by other theacher of other countries (that I presume is formally forbidden in lotus notes)
Personally I am working on environment and ecology and a such exchange would be en enrichment. It already exists a kind of mutualized environmental results but never directly exchanged as musik. For instance at the moment I am writing a course called "sport and environment" and I got the idee to find a cartoonist  who will be pleased to draw my main results that is to say the good links  between sport and nature against the bad connections between sport and business.
Could your idea implying a such exchange, me giving a theme and other people learning or teaching answering with a draw till the end of the web cartoon?