Scorm not marked

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 11
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Scorm not marked

by Floyd Saner -

Daniel,

There are many parts of a SCORM package that must be correctly coordinated for reporting to work correctly:  the many authoring tool (Articulate) publishing settings, and the many Moodle activity configuration settings.

First Articulate, I believe you likely have these correct:

1. Publish to LMS, SCORM 1.2
  2. Publish to HTML 5, if you expect some users might have really old browsers, you could publish to HTML 5 with Flash fallback.
  3. Be certain your Tracking setting is correct (slides viewed,  quiz score or complete course trigger.

Moodle (thanks for the screenshot), you might need to test some different settings:

1. The first thing I noticed is that Attempts Grading is set to First Attempt.  Subsequent attempts will then not update the grade.  You might select Highest Attempt.  This might be the main cause of your problem.
  2. Check the Grading Method setting - Learning Objects will return the number of passed or completed objects, Highest Grade will return the highest score.
  3. In Compatibility Settings, set Mastery Score Overrides Status to Yes
  4. In Activity Completion, you might want to deselect Passed because you want a score.

Moodle has a great SCORM debugging tool that will allow you to view the SCORM communication and see what is being sent to Moodle. In the admin menu block, select Site administration ... Plugins ... Activity modules ... SCORM package.  At the bottom of that page select, Activate API debug and tracing (set the capture mask with apidebugmask).  This will then print a log of the SCORM communication - the log output goes to a separate browser window.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Floyd

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Floyd Saner

In reply to Deleted user

In reply to Deleted user

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

SCORM 2004 may not give you satisfactory anything--Moodle is 1.2 compliant but not 2004 and there is little chance that it will be. Are you sure your users are viewing the last page?  In my experience with SCORM (11 years and counting), I've learned that passing and completing are very different things and are reported by totally different internal variables.

I've not worked with Articulate but some tools do not report completion until the final page is viewed (even if completion is set to require a grade on a number of slides) and sometimes you have to tell it to mark complete/incomplete vs passed/failed. It looks like you have two variables--success_status and completion_status. There is also a lesson_status, which I think determines complete/incomplete and completion_status is what reports pass/fail to moodle--but you'll notice in my examples below, completion_status isn't one of my variables (probably a Captivate thing).  You might take a look (this might be daunting) at the actual reports (either in the course or in the database) and see what variables are reporting.

Some examples:

I was thinking the reporting might look a little different for Lectora modules (we only have one) but the interactions are pretty much the same.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Melanie Scott

In reply to Deleted user

by Floyd Saner -

Daniel,

Since you are comparing results in Scorm Cloud, see this forum post:  https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=371325

Also see this Moodle SCORM FAQ

You also might try contacting Dan Marsden. He supports the Moodle SCORM plugin, https://moodle.org/user/view.php?id=21591&course=5

Floyd

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Floyd Saner

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for the mention Floyd - I do read all scorm posts, but don't always have time to respond. I am also unable to provide "private" support for free....  the only free support I can provide is via public forums etc. wink 
In reply to Dan Marsden

In reply to Deleted user