Paypal plugin does not enrolled to the course

תשובה ל: Re: Paypal plugin does not enrolled to the course

by Irith Herman -
Number of replies: 8

SETTINGS:

PayPal

The PayPal module allows you to set up paid courses. If the cost for any course is zero, then students are not asked to pay for entry. There is a site-wide cost that you set here as a default for the whole site and then a course setting that you can set for each course individually. The course cost overrides the site cost.

PayPal business emailenrol_paypal | paypalbusiness
XXXXXXXXX-there is an email adress
Default: Empty

The email address of your business PayPal account

Notify studentsenrol_paypal | mailstudents
Default: No
Notify teachersenrol_paypal | mailteachers
Notify adminenrol_paypal | mailadmins
Enrolment expiry actionenrol_paypal | expiredaction
             Keep user enrolled             Disable course enrolment and remove roles             Unenrol user from course     
Default: Disable course enrolment and remove roles

Select action to carry out when user enrolment expires. Please note that some user data and settings are purged from course during course unenrolment.

Enrolment instance defaults

Default enrolment settings in new courses.

Allow PayPal enrolmentsenrol_paypal | status
             Yes             No     

Allow users to use PayPal to enrol into a course by default.

Enrol costenrol_paypal | cost
Default: 0
Currencyenrol_paypal | currency
             Australian Dollar             Brazilian Real             Canadian Dollar             Swiss Franc             Czech Koruna             Danish Krone             Euro             British Pound Sterling             Hong Kong Dollar             Hungarian Forint             Israeli Sheqel             Japanese Yen             Mexican Peso             Malaysian Ringgit             Norwegian Krone             New Zealand Dollar             Philippine Peso             Polish Zloty             Russian Ruble             Swedish Krona             Singapore Dollar             Thai Baht             Turkish Lira             Taiwan Dollar             US Dollar     
Default: US Dollar
Default role assignmentenrol_paypal | roleid
             Student             Non-editing teacher             Teacher             Manager     
Default: Student

Select role which should be assigned to users during PayPal enrolments

Enrolment durationenrol_paypal | enrolperiod
 duration units             weeks             days             hours             minutes             seconds     
Default: None

Default length of time that the enrolment is valid. If set to zero, the enrolment duration will be unlimited by default.

In reply to Irith Herman

תשובה ל: Re: Paypal plugin does not enrolled to the course

by Irith Herman -

The settings didn"t change.

where can I see the logs?

Whatcan I see there?

Do you think that upgrding moodle to 3.6 will help to fix the problem?

In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Paypal plugin does not enrolled to the course

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Depends what server you have?  Or are you hosted?  If hosted, check with your host.  On a linux server - /var/logs

In reply to Irith Herman

by Katrina Belcher -

Hello Irith - I'm having the same issue. For years my students just clicked "Enroll in course (name)" and then paid via PayPal and they were automatically enrolled in the course.

Now all of a sudden, I show they've made a payment, but they don't get enrolled into the course.  I've been going in and manually enrolling them.

Not sure what I'm supposed to tell my webhost, as their answer was "Go ask Moodel!"

I hate to bother you, but did you get this issue resolved, and if so, would you be so kind as to post the resolution here, so I may fix my problem as well?

Thanks so much in advance!

In reply to Katrina Belcher

by Evron V -
Katrina,
I'm having the same issue you describe, after upgrading from v3.7.2. I'm currently running v3.8.
What moodle version are you running on your website?
In reply to Evron V

by Evron V -
Nevermind, I just realize I was using the wrong business "PayPal business email" during my sandbox test. Now that I'm using the one from the paypal developer website "Sandbox account" it's working fine.

So, for anyone getting here about sandbox test environment, it should be working fine in v3.8, just tested. Do not forget to active SANDBOX WEBHOOKS in your paypal App setup.
In reply to Evron V

by Katrina Belcher -

Thanks for your update! I'm using v3.6.2.

I'm not doing a sandbox text...I have actually had real students attempt to make a payment, and I'll receive the money in my PayPal, but Moodle does not register the student.

Thanks!

In reply to Katrina Belcher

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
About every post I have seen is similar to Evron's - something is not quite set right somewhere...I recommend going back through both sides and redoing all your settings and see if that doesn't magically get it going again!
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Katrina Belcher -

Thanks Emma (my grand daughter's name!)  I did try that already...a couple of times in fact. Didn't fix it. Guess my magic wand is broken! smile