Considering Moodle for Exams

Re: Considering Moodle for Exams

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can use Respondus with Moodle (your probably already know that).

Password control on reviews as well as attempts has been discussed, but never implemented.

There are other ways to control reviews. E.g. in the quiz settings you can turn off the option to allow reviews. Then, you can edit the settings to allow reviews only during the proctored time-slot. Ah! I guess that does not stop students outside the room from reviewing. Hmm. 

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Considering Moodle for Exams

by Mateus C -

Hi!

I'm also trying to use Moodle for exams at my university, but I would like students to be able to access reviews only inside the lab, so they won't be able to copy the questions (and pass them around forever and ever).

I stumbled upon this reply: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=336300#p1355265 and was able to use your suggestion of calling the prevent_access module to add IP restriction, but it also blocks access to review if the quiz has been closed.

Would there be a way to check only the network address, and not the other access rules?

Thank you very much!