Redirect "Return to normal role" in Adaptable theme to current course

Redirect "Return to normal role" in Adaptable theme to current course

by Kat Wang -
Number of replies: 9

We are on Moodle 3.5 with Adaptable version 1.7.3.

When returning to the normal role when using the  "Switch role to.." function, the user is brought to his course list instead of to the course he was viewing. Is there a way to fix this so the user is redirected back to the course he was in instead of to his course list? Thanks!

Attachment SwitchRolesonAdaptable.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kat Wang

Re: Redirect "Return to normal role" in Adaptable theme to current course

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can't replicate it. Switching roles doesn't change the page you are.

Can you explain from which role you switch to which one?

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Kat Wang -

Hi Fernando. Logged in as an instructor of a specific course, I then switch my role to student to do content review. Then when I am ready to return to my normal role as instructor, instead of taking my back to the course page, when I click to the "return to my normal role" it shows me the list of courses instead.

In reply to Kat Wang

by Fernando Acedo -

Can't replicate it.Adaptable returns always to the same page.

Please, can you test using Clean instead Adaptable?

by Kat Wang -

Switched to Clean and did not have the same problem. When returning to normal role, I am in the course I am viewing. Switched back to Adaptable and again had the problem of being brought to list of courses instead of the course I was viewing. Got this result whether I used the "return to normal role" link at the top banner or using the link from the dropdown under the username. Would a screencast help to show you the issue?

In reply to Kat Wang

by Fernando Acedo -

Can you try to replicate it in our demo site: https://adaptable.ws/demo

The demos site is updated with moodle and Adaptable versions and looks like it works well switching the roles.

by Kat Wang -

Just tried it on the demo site and it does the same thing we are experiencing in our instance. It takes me back to a list of courses instead of the How to Moodle course I was in as instructor viewing as a student.

Attachment adaptabledemo.png
In reply to Kat Wang

by Fernando Acedo -

Can you explain the steps to follow to replicate this issue? Please explain any change you applied to the site including roles or custom code

On the other hand, try to update Adaptable to version 1.8

by Kat Wang -

I updated the theme to version 1.8 and then tested again, but got the same results.

Steps taken:

1) Login using an account

2) Click on course where user is assigned Instructor role

3) Hover on the dropdown menu in the upper right corner and click on "Switch role to..."

4) Select "Student"

5) View course as student

6) Hover on dropdown menu in upper right corner and click on "Return to my normal role"

7) Course list page opens

*When I click on the browser's back button (tested on Chrome and Firefox to same results), I am taken back to the course in the instructor role

No big changes to site - I don't know code so I have not added any custom code save for some custom CSS I added:

.editor_atto_menu .open ul.dropdown-menu {
right:inherit;
}

.btn, .btn a {
background-color: #848484;
}

We do use custom roles and have 23 total.

But I did get the sameon your demo site (https://adaptable.ws/demo/). I used the steps above after logging in as a teacher. When I clicked on return to my normal role after switching to a student role, I was directed to the course list instead of the course I was viewing.