Google Course Kit

Google Course Kit

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

Has anyone else seen this from Google? https://edu.google.com/products/course-kit/ 

From their blurb:

"Course Kit allows educators to use tools like Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive from within their existing LMS without disrupting classroom management or work flows. Course Kit features a built-in grading tool that allows you to manage feedback all in one central place."

I have signed our school up for beta access; but it looks like a really interesting LTI link between LTI compatible LMS systems (like Moodle) and the Google Education Suite of tools...

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: Google Course Kit

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We are using this and another "secret" project from Google.  Coursekit is great for sharing individual documents within Moodle.  It doesn't share folders.  We are getting teachers involved in trying out the coursekit assignment where they can turn in a google doc and teacher can grade and markup the doc within coursekit.  

It's basically a frontend to share and distribute Google Drive docs.  It is nothing more than an LTI connection to get started.  Very easy and simple to setup.  All of 5 minutes and you are ready to go.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Great news! I have applied for beta access so hope to be able to make use of it soon.

In reply to Jon Witts

by Depak Gupta -

Coursekit is really good for sharing individual docs within the Moodle itself.  I liked this feature the most...

In reply to Jon Witts

by Babaso Aldar -

Hello All,

I have successfully integrated this tool in our moodle. We have created assignment. Students have uploaded assignments. I grade that assignment and return the grades. But grades not synced with moodle gradebook.

Can u help me?