login.php was not found on this server. 404

login.php was not found on this server. 404

by Gitte Bendixen -
Number of replies: 13

Hi,

I have moved a moodle in a workdirectory up to the real site and changed all the data, config and it seems to be working fine, but when I try to access the dashboard, it comes up with an error about there is no login.php.

The requested URL /elearning/login.php was not found on this server. 404 error

And this page is not in the workdirectory, but it works perfectly.
Best regards,
Gitte

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gitte Bendixen

Re: login.php was not found on this server. 404

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What version of Moodle is this?

Can users log into the site. Does the 404 error happen when they are not logged in and try to access the dashboard? Or after they've logged in?

What theme are you using? If it's not a standard theme, you could try testing with the default Boost theme.

Is your site authentication using anything other than manual? Do you have any custom authentication plugins?

Also, check Alternate login URL isn't set.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Gitte Bendixen -

The newest version. The site runs perfectly in another folder. It happens when they are logged in and can access all other sites, like coursepages and such - only dashboard comes up with error. The theme is Klassroom. I will try testing it with boost.

Authentication is other than manual, but since they can authenticate to all other pages in moodle, then it should not be the issue?

I will check the alternate login url. smile

Thank you.

by Leon Stringer -

So this is Moodle 3.6.2? That's what it says under Site AdministrationNotifications?

It looks like Klassroom was last updated on 14 February 2019 so it may be worth updating that. There might be settings under Site administrationAppearanceThemesKlassroom which contain a link to the login page which needs changing for use in this folder?

I asked about authentication as depending on which plugin you're using this may control how and where users are redirected for login. There may be a setting which controls the location of the login link

There was a new security feature added in recent Moodle versions: login tokens. You can disable these temporarily to see if that helps by adding $CFG->disablelogintoken = true; to config.php. You should remove this line after testing as it disables a security feature.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Gitte Bendixen -

Dear Leon,

Yes, it is that version off moodle, and I have the newest klassroom also. undre Site Administration, there is no info other than normal.  I tried changing the theme, but still could not get into dashboard. there is no problem with logging in - only with dashboard and only in this other folder like

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/elearning/my/

Whereas it works on:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/elearn/my/'

Changing the disablelogintoken does not change anything - the dashboard is still not working properly.

I use LDAP, but it does work for folder elearn/my and i can login at elearning, but not get access to dashboard anyhow.

Best regards,

Gitte

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@Gitte ... so you have two instances of Moodle on the same server and you are admin/user in both?   Is that correct?   

If so, in the one working, set the cookie prefix, to 'elearning'.  In both servers purge the cache.  In the browser you are using clear cache and cookies.

Go to the other instance and in it's config set the cookie prefix to 'elearn'.

This sort of thing happens to admins who admin multiple moodles on same server but in different directories.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi Ken,

Thanks. smile I did all ready have the cookies as this - with elearning for elearning and elea for elea, i tried changing both of them, clearing browser and again and back to nothing and so on. It does not help with the issue. I cannot go to dashboard on elearning, but still on elea. And this also goes for the users as well.

Could it have something to do with the "Default dashboard", where i made a default dashboard and reset it for all users? I think something wrong is saved in the database files - since nothing seems to be changing it. It goes to /my/ but ends up looking for login.php?

Best regards,

Gitte

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Could it have something to do with the "Default dashboard", where i made a default dashboard and reset it for all users?

Mind describing what/how you did the above ... especially the last part ... I made?

Does the following link look familiar?

https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Dashboard

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi Ken,

Yes, that is it.  Administration > Site administration > Appearance > Default Dashboard page.

But the error occurs on other sites as well.

Best regards,

Gitte

In reply to Ken Task

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi,

It is not only an error that occurs on the dashboard, it also happens when I wish to see the report for quiz:

http://10.45.2.101/elearning/report/questioninstances/?qtype=_all_

The error:

http://33.33.33.33/elearning/report/questioninstances/?qtype=_all_

by Leon Stringer -

Can you add a screenshot of what you get when you try to access the dashboard? Blank out any personal information or information you don't want to shown on the Internet.

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You have confirmed that you are running 2 Moodles on the same server, and you have got unique SessionCookieIDs for both.

Are both Moodles running exactly the same version?

What version and build number is your Moodle running? (Go to Site Admin > Notifications for this info)

Do you have any plugins installed? Which ones, and what are the build numbers? (Go to Site Admin > Plugins > Plugins Overview for this info)

What OS are you running on, and what are the versions of PHP, MySQL, etc (or their equivalents in your OS)? (Go to Site Admin > Server > PHP info for this info)

Are you shared, dedicated or internal hosting?

When you set up the Default Dashboard, what blocks did you add to it? And is the same Default Dashboard as the other Moodle installation?

The IP address in those urls is different. Have you changed your server address at any point? Does the information in your config.php file match that address?

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Gitte Bendixen -

Hi,

Thank you for all your time to help me.

Everything is the same, except from the sessioncookieIDS (both different) and the folders. I copy both database and entire folder, use the migration tool for changing urls and they have the same plugins. I even tried without extra plugins, but still the error continues. The error is only this place. I moved the site to a online domain, and here the problem disappears, so I guess it must be on the local server, though it should be the same actually.

Everything works fine online, so i will not search further for the error.