Categories

Categories

by Michael Allen -
Number of replies: 4

I know it's a basic question, but it is driving us nuts and we can not find an answer anywhere.
In the category listing:

MA_050_02_Wind (0)           
               MA_050_02_01_Definition [15] (18)           
                MA_050_02_02_Causes (0)           
                               MA_050_02_02_00_01_Geostrophic [15] (18)           
                               MA_050_02_02_00_02_Gradient [15] (15)           
                               MA_050_02_02_00_03_Friction Layer [15] (28)           
                               MA_050_02_02_00_04_General [15] (32)

The number in round Brackets(32) is the number of questions in the category, but what is the number in square brackets [15]?
We do have random generated quizzes set up using all categories.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Allen

Re: Categories

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Probably part of the question name that you typed. (Try editing the category to verify.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Michael Allen -

Regrettably not. I can change the name and it makes no difference. 

I remember something in the past that it has to do with the questions selected for random use. But some categories the numbers are the same and some are different. If new questions are added then the number in the round brackets increases, but not the one in square brackets.

MA_ATPL_AP_Aircraft Performance (0) Delete  Edit this category Make child of 'System' Move up Move down Make child of 'MA_ATPL_AL_Air Law'

In reply to Michael Allen

by Michael Allen -

Sorry Tim, our problem.

An IT problem at this end. It would appear that the category name was initially auto generated from the first line of text, via a batch upload. Also the edit function was not working properly yesterday! You are right in that it is a left over from the title initially generated.