H5P Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

H5P Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

by Todd W. Roat -
Number of replies: 8

I know this is likely a complex question, with not necessarily easy answers, and often hard to describe.

I first used Moodle back in version 2.2.  I have since been thrown back into it at 3.6.  I could have sworn we used to have a course set that followed this format:

Course section topic 1: Watch a video, move to 5 question quiz about video 1  (one question sequentially at a time) - quiz part 1
Course section topic 2: Watch a video, move to 5 question quiz about  video 2  (one question sequentially at a time) - quiz part 2
Rinse, repeat.

Quiz parts were combined and recorded as one quiz for entire multisection course.  Can not seem to get this to occur in 3.6.  

1. Each quiz question has a CHECK ANSWER option and they can choose until correct. (working)
  2. Not grading, just want to demonstrate they have done the material and eventually got right answer; Completion goal, not grade per se.
  3. Prevent moving to quiz unless video watched (I think this is not possible, longstanding developer wish list item) 
  4. Prevent moving to next quiz question unless current question answered correct (not working)
  5. Prevent moving to next section until correct answer achieved on all 5 sequential quiz questions (not working)
Seeing these issues:

1. Students can easily skip video by clicking to quiz (think we are stuck with this)
  2. Can skip to next quiz question without answering question and if answered incorrectly.  Even though Completion tracking on, Grade 100 to pass, Behavior=Pass Percentage 100%, Activity completion "Student must receive grade to complete"
  3. Can skip to next video even though question not correct and grade not >99.  The next video has, restrict access set for Grade > Question before must > 99.

NOTE:  We are using the H5P Quiz plugin!

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to clarify - original submission Friday, 15 February 2019, 4:02 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd W. Roat

Re: H5P Quiz plugin: Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello - at the end of your post you mention you are using the H5P quiz plugin of which I have practically no experience. So I'll move this to the General plugins forum and change the title of your post. However I think you are also talking about Restrict access features,  available in 3.6 as in earlier versions.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: H5P Quiz plugin: Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Mary, you would love H5P - you should play with it!

In reply to Todd W. Roat

Re: H5P Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  Restrict the quiz until they have opened the video - this is not perfect, they will be able to open it, close it and go to quiz.

2.  The only way to achieve this is to make each question a separate h5p activity and restrict it dependent on a 100% score of the activity before.  Then set each question (other than first) to be restricted by a 100% grade (not completion) from previous question.

3.  This should not happen if you have it set up correctly.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: H5P Course format possible? Sections, split quiz, cant advance until completion.

by Todd W. Roat -

Thank you!  I figured it out double checking your steps.  I was missing activity completion being on for the video side.

In reply to Todd W. Roat

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In H5P you can prevent continuing to the next page until after a video is complete. You just have to tell it you want that in the settings.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by David Morrow -

And disable the ability to fast forward!

David

In reply to Todd W. Roat

by David Morrow -

Todd,

Any chance you are remembering the Lesson module from your 2.2 days?

David

In reply to David Morrow

by Todd W. Roat -

Totally a chance of that!