pattern match syntax testing - out of moodle?

Re: pattern match syntax testing - out of moodle?

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The grading should be the same when answering the question as in the testing too. If not, that is a bug we definitely want to fix.

If you don't want to attach the examples here (or make an issue at https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_pmatchjme/issues and attach them there), the you can email them to me. My email address is in my profile.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Adriano Ceccarelli -

Hello Tim,

I  have attached a zip file with the three documents I mentioned in my last post. I will be looking forward to hear the verdict .... smile Please note that I have the rules also commented in my own language (//...), while the FB=... is  the text included in the feedback 

Many thanks for your help

Adriano

In reply to Adriano Ceccarelli

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It would have been much easier if you had exported the question in Moodle XML format, rather than making me re-type it. Also, just copying and pasting from your text file did not work. I had to correct several typos in the syntax before the question would save (e.g. missing closing ) and match-all where it should be match_all.)

So, I am not sure I set it up right, but for me, none of your sample answers match any of the rules.

Also, at the moment, the question testing tool can only handle responses that are completely right or completely wrong (0% or 100%), so the 50% and 20% answers definitely won't work.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Adriano Ceccarelli -

I apologize for having caused this hassle. I wish I knew there was a moodle XML format, and that it was possibile to export  the samples in that format. When I described what I would have attached I did it exactly on purpose to check if the file formats I was providing were suited for the needs. Obviously some misunderstanding occurred in between posts.

Similarly, I wasn't aware of the 0-100% threshold of the question testing tool, is it mentioned somewhere in the documentation of the tool?  That  obviously explains why I am not getting the intermediate scores proportionally represented in the computed scores column. 

As for the overall negative result in matching rules and answers I provided, I cannot really explain why, when tried individually they worked.

I attach a .zip file with the screenshots of the results from each attempt, in case you wanted to compare. Files are .gif or it would have been too large.

However, many thanks anyway for the time spent trying to fix my problem.

Regards

Adriano