Tranfering Student Course Data; when course is completed

Tranfering Student Course Data; when course is completed

by Anthony Johnson -
Number of replies: 7

I would like to create a holding class for course graduates. Basically when a student complete a course I, as the teacher, can transfer students data from an active course to a course designated for graduates.

Students will be in this graduate class indefinitely. Here a student can reflect back on their course experience, communicate with other graduates, and teachers can review student course data.

Example:
Student is currently enrolled in Coaching 101 and completes the course.

Teacher, through the admin, opts to transfer students data only (journals entries, quiz responses..etc.) to a course titled; Coaching 101 - Graduates (an exactly duplicate of Coaching 101).

Can someone assist me with this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Johnson

Re: Tranfering Student Course Data; when course is completed

by Art Lader -
Could you back up the course and restore it with another name? You would back up "Coaching 101, Fall 2003" and would restore it using the name "Coaching 101, Fall 2003 - Archived," for example.

Or is this not what you were looking for?

Best regards,
Art Lader
Aiken High School
In reply to Art Lader

by Anthony Johnson -

Not exactly I tried that but with each graduating class I backup and restore; it duplicates anything in the course topics with every restore.

Let me try to clarify, I have 6 students that have finished Coaching 101 last month. This month I have 6 more students that have completed their class today. I have created a holding class called Coaching 101 - Graduates; I wish to add all 12 students to the holding class with their activities (quiz answers, journal entries, assignments) data intact. 

Thanks for the reply Art.

by Art Lader -
Hmmm.... So what you really need is the ability to create and archive an electronic portfolio for each student as he or she completes the course. Or am I still off-base?

(Boy, that would be a GREAT feature! I am quite sure that the universites around here would really love for my German students to be able to provide them with that sort of a record of their accomplishments so far. Imagine, for example, how much that would help in placing students into the appropriate level German class for their first semester at the university.)

Regards,
Art Lader
Aiken High School
In reply to Art Lader

by Tom Murdock -
is there a way to turn the activity report (including all of the elements you've listed) into a static page that could be exported into a word document? It seems it would take less space.
In reply to Art Lader

by Anthony Johnson -

Yes! Art that is exactly the feature I wish to have. The ability to archive student data making it accessible long after the course has been completed.

With each course the student completes it is archived in there records for later retrieval.

Does anyone have a solution for this? If not, what would it cost get it implimented?

Thanks,

Anthony

by Paul Duff -

No solution here I'm afraid.  We're halfway through our year and anticipate a similar need though.

We had considered that we would create an archive instance of Moodle for each year and copy the whole shebang into it, thus retaining accessible full EoY position year on year, for admin user use only.

We hadn't yet looked at how we 'clean up' the live version for next year's use though.  I'll watch this thread with interest.................

In reply to Paul Duff

by Anthony Johnson -

There have got to be a way to transfer students data into an retrievable archive for both students and teachers.

I have just completed a course and it begins again within a week. When I unenrol students they no longer have access to their lessons or answers.

What about notes? I simply wish to make notes on a particular student or teacher outside of the course... (within their profile per se or student records) unble to accomplish this. Any suggestions?