Change default language setting just for once course (without forcing a language)

Change default language setting just for once course (without forcing a language)

by Lexi K -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

on our website we are running the current up-to-date 3.6.2+ version of Moodle. Most courses are in English and should be English by default. However one course should be German by default as an exception. I can go to the course's settings > appearance > force language and force German there to achieve that the course is shown in German. However I'd like users to choose the language. So if I don't use that Moodle uses the default language which is English. I could turn on detect language in the site settings but then all the English courses which should be English by default will be shown in German too.

That's why I'm asking for a second feature besides "force language" that says "override default language" or "override language detection setting" only for that course, naturally.

Is that already possible?

The easiest way is probably to force English for all the other courses and for that one German course use Moodle detect language feature, but for that I need to change all the other courses of which there might be many to set force language to English...

Thanks for helping!

Cheers

Lexi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lexi K

Re: Change default language setting just for once course (without forcing a language)

by Nikolay Le -

Hello, did you find any solution?