Course Completion Badges not awarded

Re: Course Completion Badges not awarded

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Morag!

Kind regards!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Morag Hughson -

Course is considered complete when "ALL conditions are met". I have users which have 100% against the course. Is 100% not the same thing as completed?

When I look at the "Activity Completion" report (which I believe is the same thing as the "Course Completion" report looking at the link you provide, it shows this:-

The "Calculate regular completion data" task is set to ASAP, and last ran 2 minutes ago. Not that I can change that anyway on MoodleCloud I believe?

Thanks for your response. Hoping there is something else I can check?

Cheers,
Morag

In reply to Morag Hughson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The activity completion report is not the same as the course completion report. Turn on the editing in your course and add the Completion status block. As a teacher you should be able to click the link in that block and check the course is marked complete (which is what I am testing at the moment on my own Moodlecloud site, hence my interrupting your conversation with Sara smile )

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Morag Hughson -

OK - well things have changed a little. Thanks to Mary's interjection, I added the "Course Completion Status Block" and it said something like "no completion status for this course".

So I went back into the conditions defined for the completion of the course, where I told you earlier it said "Course is completed when ALL conditions are met", and opened up the next twisty, "Condition: Activity Completion". I had assumed when I looked at it before that because it said ALL in the first drop down, it meant "ALL the things listed in the next section". So instead, I tried selecting them all, to see if that made a difference.

Having saved this the "Course Completion Status Block" for my user now shows the following:-

I don't understand why it has "Status: In progress" if everything has been done?

If I view the course report that is in the "Course Completion Status Block" from the admin user's point of view it shows this for my two test users that have "completed" the course.

So I guess my question becomes how to get the tick in that final column. I'm assuming the badge assignment is driven off that column rather than the 100% complete of the course.

The phone rang at this point and took me away from my screen for 10 minutes. When I came back, and refreshed, the ticks were in the columns and the badge was awarded, so I'm all good!

So I guess the pertinent point that I had not grasped is that 100% completion of a course does not equate to "Course completion".